South Africa will have one fewer public holiday next year

Unions will cry, and Cyril will give them one more.

Don't speak too soon Kirsten. What if gubbermint collapses and we have to vote again?

Is this really an article that someone wrote and which was published? What absolute drivel. Clearly we are well into the situation where garbage is churned out simply to increase the quantity of web destinations for clicks and ads and for no other reason.
The article should have simply said to go and look at a calendar. Pathetic.

Last edited:
This is because National Women’s Day, which takes place on 9 August, will fall on a Saturday in 2025 and will not be observed
That’s not remotely accurate.

Hmm... More clickbait with no actual information we did not already know.

Obviously there will be one less holiday next year as there is no voting day like this year. The title, for me anyway, implies that another holiday was being scrapped.

Obviously there will be one less holiday next year as there is no voting day like this year. The title, for me anyway, implies that another holiday was being scrapped.
Gotta get them clicks. Advertisers love clicks

Also remember the freebie Ramaporsche donated.

This is because National Women’s Day, which takes place on 9 August, will fall on a Saturday in 2025 and will not be observed.
Hogwash try going into a bank on that day and see.

Back