South Africa will top 10,000 daily Covid-19 cases by end of the week - Abdool Karim

Lupus

Honorary Master
I thought you didn't want test numbers reported everyday?
Each wave the conditions are different. PCR testing was much more available in the second and third wave compared to the first. Now we have lateral flow tests, you are unlikely to do both lateral flow and PCR so you are going to see substitution.
The biggest problem with lateral flow tests is every Tom, Dick and Harry is doing them and I bet only a small percentage are being reported to NICD.
Right, so from my comments you think I want the numbers everyday, I want clarity of the numbers. Cause if antigen tests are being added in the numbers will be a lot higher then previous waves, but cause a new variable has been added.
Still doesn't change the fact that I think the everyday counting is stupid and pointless, but clarity on what they are counting would be nice to stop the fear mongering happening.
As if they only did 20k of PCR and 40k of antigen and how much was positive.

Lupus

Honorary Master
These comments did not age well.
Well considering they've added in antigen testing which skews the numbers and very coincidently the numbers spike higher after they are adding them??

Lupus

Honorary Master
Like here hmmm antigen testing seems rather high and could explain why the spikes?? 20211203_233307.jpg

Daveogg

Expert Member
Right, so from my comments you think I want the numbers everyday, I want clarity of the numbers. Cause if antigen tests are being added in the numbers will be a lot higher then previous waves, but cause a new variable has been added.
Still doesn't change the fact that I think the everyday counting is stupid and pointless, but clarity on what they are counting would be nice to stop the fear mongering happening.
As if they only did 20k of PCR and 40k of antigen and how much was positive.
I don't get it. Surely the number of tests done and positivity rate is what "counts". How would 60k PCR test Vs 20k PCR and 40k LFD tests be different from a fear mongering point of view. And I can guarantee the antigen tests are massively under reported.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I don't get it. Surely the number of tests done and positivity rate is what "counts". How would 60k PCR test Vs 20k PCR and 40k LFD tests be different from a fear mongering point of view. And I can guarantee the antigen tests are massively under reported.
The variables are now different from previous waves, lfds were not counted before, now they are. So you cannot compare this wave to previous ones as the variables are different.
Perhaps you're not in some form of development but when a variable is added or changed, the results cannot match previous runs.

Daveogg

Expert Member
The variables are now different from previous waves, lfds were not counted before, now they are. So you cannot compare this wave to previous ones as the variables are different.
Perhaps you're not in some form of development but when a variable is added or changed, the results cannot match previous runs.
Well from the graphs you posted "antigen" tests have varied between 16-28% of the total tests for the last 11 months. So where is the new variable? And if they have just been started to be counted where does this data come from?
(Hint their is something new but you resolutely refuse to acknowledge it despite me hinting to it in both my above posts)

nivek

Honorary Master
Hard lockdown for all the anti-vaxers. They are the breeding ground of the variants.
With delta you have the same viral load and you're just as infectious whether you're vaccinated or not, please tell us about the magic in the vaccine that stops mutation?

I think it's a good idea to get vaccinated, I think it's a bad idea to try manipulate those that don't by fudging 'the science'

grca

Hard lockdown for all the anti-vaxers. They are the breeding ground of the variants.
Jail time for all the nazis. They are the breeding ground of bad ideas.

As ridiculous a statement as yours, except far closer to the truth.

Thugscub

Expert Member
Small Pox. Wish it would pop up again.
Would you vaccinate to prevent getting it?

haroldj

Jail time for all the nazis. They are the breeding ground of bad ideas.

As ridiculous a statement as yours, except far closer to the truth.
The truth hurts, you must have exhausted all your excuses, do you still drive, you should stop driving as car accidents kill more people than vaccines.

haroldj

With delta you have the same viral load and you're just as infectious whether you're vaccinated or not, please tell us about the magic in the vaccine that stops mutation?

I think it's a good idea to get vaccinated, I think it's a bad idea to try manipulate those that don't by fudging 'the science'
When you drive, don't use a seat belt, the seat belt could throttle your brains.

haroldj

India has 1.3 billion people, 30% of them are vaccinated, South Africa has 60million people, 30% of them are vaccinated, do the math, they experience the delta variant really bad, as they had a severe shortage of Oxygen, they are willing to pay for their vaccines, everywhere else its free, do they have more brain cells than the rest of the World. Almost 90% percent of Chinese population are vaccinated and they have no rights , they should take away your rights and you should get covid 19.

haroldj

Covid-19 mutates in animals too. It is one of the possible sources of Omicron currently being investigated. Should probably lock your pets up following your own advice.

Thanks.
Thanks, now I know who the real animals are, so I guess I won't see you around for some time.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
I'm actually due for booster 2nd week December. Now I'm displaying symptoms. Going to test.

It's highly possible I might have had it and been asymptomatic in the last 2 years. I'm exposed to the virus on a daily basis.

Highly possible? :unsure:

Lupus

Honorary Master
Well from the graphs you posted "antigen" tests have varied between 16-28% of the total tests for the last 11 months. So where is the new variable? And if they have just been started to be counted where does this data come from?
(Hint their is something new but you resolutely refuse to acknowledge it despite me hinting to it in both my above posts)
They weren't adding the antigen tests to the previous positives until the 23rd of November, then suddenly there is a new variant and they are counting additional tests that weren't tested before.
The new variable in counting the numbers in a new variant wave has tainted it and we can't compare now to anything pre 23rd November.