South African airline war - R499 flights and dogs allowed

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
South African airline war - R499 flights and dogs allowed

South African airlines are doing everything they can to attract customers, like slashing prices and allowing passengers to take their dogs on a flight with them.

The airline industry took a tremendous knock in 2020 following the COVID-19 pandemic and related travel bans.

It resulted in the death of South African Airways (SAA) while Comair, which operates Kulula.com and British Airways in South Africa, entered into voluntary business rescue proceedings in May 2020.

JohnMao

Executive Member
/looks for a carry bag that will fit a German Shepherd
/realises that no German Shepherd will fit under the seat:unsure:

Lift is discriminating against GSD owners!

/protest, burn and break stuff
Hell, we have a staffie and she won't fit under a seat. Must be for a Pekinese or one of those teacup Yorkies...

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
SAA can drop their price to R5.00 and I still won't fly with them. F*** them, they must die, it's the principle. Do not fly SAA guys. Please, I am asking nicely

Tarzan

Hell, we have a staffie and she won't fit under a seat. Must be for a Pekinese or one of those teacup Yorkies...
You need to purchase an additional seat for the dog. The dog must be in a cage on the seat next to you.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
The airline that will win is the one who puts the children in the luggage area and the luggage up top.

Last edited:

koeks525

Expert Member
So happy British Airways started operating the CPT - East London route. Flysafair flights on that route have been ridiculously expensive. Still shocks me how a BA ticket on that route is generally cheaper than the "low cost" Flysafair.