South African Airways salaries for management and other staff explained

Sapphiron

Expert Member
Thats the Cadre deployment model.

1:3 ratio for management vs employees

Should be 1:10 to 1:15.

Keep the 750 employees and fire 200 managers. A good first step to fixing SAA.

eg2505

Honorary Master
love how the ANC tries to defend its incompetence, its plainly obvious for anybody with 2 brain-cells to rub together.

were not bribing people in Church with R200 to vote ANC, were helping collect money for the Church.
were not incompetent, this is efficient ect ect...

but then again considering the intelligence of most ANC voters, perhaps they are appeased with such explanations.
or lack the capacity to think a bit further, and understand how they are being hoodwinked.

maybe I finally understand how people continue voting ANC and then complain, yah but who else we must vote for.
anybody is better than the ANC, literally anybody,

NoLuck Chuck

Executive and management salaries are competitive?
So if SAA has nothing to hide, then they'd have no problem publishing those figures?

John Tempus

Executive Member
Getting a salary year after year for delivering a service that does not generate profit but actually loss year after year and then also getting bailed out year after year and still getting a salary from bailout money.

If SAA or ESKOM could operate profitably then I wouldn't care if the management received billions in salary compensation but the problem here is that it seems no matter how much you fail at doing your job you still get a salary for simply participating.

Yip, checks out perfectly. Being rewarded year after year for failure to deliver.

SA NO.1

grok

Honorary Master
How will a bloated government be concerned about a bloated anything else?

Plus they not capitalists, efficiency & competitiveness ratios are beyond their capabilities, I bet they'll be the most surprised & indignant when their lofty plans don't work out.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Unions consider anyone who isn't in their bargaining unit as a "manager". Not defending SAA, just telling it like it is.