South African alarm system which links directly to police stations

Absinth

Great idea
Will like to see this everywhere
Right move towards a "smart city" and Intelligent Operation Centre (IOC)

klipdrifter

This will not work if the SAPS don't do their job. Just like anything else in this country...

Albert Broco

Banned
Had this in the old South Africa at some police stations and did not work back then. Also, in the old SA you could have notified the police when going on holiday, they would have made an OB entry and shifts would have patrolled and checked your house. This also later years phased out as it did not work.

Back in the old SA police stations had radios to communicate directly with their vehicles. This was removed from most police stations today.

So, this will not work. Response time will be s**t slow.

What we have been through hundred years ago, these people 're-invented' as new thinking it will work.

The_MAC

Executive Member
Good initiative.

But I will stick to my dedicated-to-my-hood armed response, costs me R200 per month (Can't even go to the movies for that price) and I at least know that the vehicle drives past my house at least 5 times per night and is never more than 2-3 minutes away

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
My armed response company has a reputation with the criminals. They don't pick on houses with their signboard on cos they know they are likely to get a bullet up the wazoo.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
I'll stick with my private armed response unit for the monitoring of my alarm system thanks.

In addition to the risk of a late or zero response, I'd be concerned with them working in cahoots with the criminals.

RichardG

Honorary Master
lmao, they take longer than normal security...
Last weekend we had a shooting in my area(hijacking) took our CPF 7 minutes to respond and the police took over an hour to get there and the ambulance arrived 23 minutes after CPF.

RichardG

Honorary Master
My armed response company has a reputation with the criminals. They don't pick on houses with their signboard on cos they know they are likely to get a bullet up the wazoo.
If I am in a life threatening situation, I, send a message on WhatsApp to a group in less than 3 minutes will have CPF patrollers with roughly 8 cars rocking up from different directions. Cross roads and the adjacent road back and front

Solarion

Honorary Master
Crime in progress. Phone SAPS. Wait 4.5 million years.
Crime in progress. Press panic button. Wait 4.5 million years.