South African banks and ATMs looted

R13...

Honorary Master

ld13

Honorary Master
That's a lot. Wasn't even aware ATMs carried that much.

R10 000 000 / R200 = 50 000 notes * 0.11mm = 5500mm / 10 stacks? in the atm = 550mm = 55cm high each

Seems possible, but not plausible? Unless there were more than one atm hit.

geekonometry

Applied online for my special skills NZ visa and waiting for feedback. Done with this country. Time to sell everything and leave, i dont want to, but i dont see a future here.

The looters got away with it once, do you think that will stop them from doing it a second time?

rvZA

Executive Member
Well duh... who ever thought the banks and ATMs would have been safe?

Corelli

Expert Member
Applied online for my special skills NZ visa and waiting for feedback. Done with this country. Time to sell everything and leave, i dont want to, but i dont see a future here.

The looters got away with it once, do you think that will stop them from doing it a second time?
Honestly NZ sucks, unless you are a farmer.
1. Its cold, and I mean cold
2. A lot of houses there thats affordable has no insulation, and they leak.
3. It only works for farmers.
4. You will always only ever be a 2nd class citizen. Maori's are always right
5. Its far from everything. 2200km away from Sydney (and yip Sydney is 4000km away from Perth. So about 6000km away from the Asia line where everything North is great. Well 6698km from New Zealand to Bali. If you goto Bangkok, well its closer from Johannesburg to Bangkok than from NZ to Bangkok. Get the idea. Its far from well...most interesting places.
6. Almost all people going to NZ abandon it once they get their PR and then goto Australia. Its a big problem for NZ and they are contemplating stopping this from happening.
7. If you do get the ability to go there, your only tickets may be Business or First Class. Ask the Australians, as on some flights its down to 20 passengers only. Love those new Covid rules.

So unless you are a farmer, or an aspiring hobbit, going to NZ may not be as great as you can imagine. Go to Australia instead. Perth may be far from the others, but some great EX-SA communities there.

ghostRgg

Expert Member
5. Its far from everything. 2200km away from Sydney (and yip Sydney is 4000km away from Perth. So about 6000km away from the Asia line where everything North is great. Well 6698km from New Zealand to Bali. If you goto Bangkok, well its closer from Johannesburg to Bangkok than from NZ to Bangkok. Get the idea. Its far from well...most interesting places.
6. Almost all people going to NZ abandon it once they get their PR and then goto Australia. Its a big problem for NZ and they are contemplating stopping this from happening.
7. If you do get the ability to go there, your only tickets may be Business or First Class. Ask the Australians, as on some flights its down to 20 passengers only. Love those new Covid rules.

So unless you are a farmer, or an aspiring hobbit, going to NZ may not be as great as you can imagine. Go to Australia instead. Perth may be far from the others, but some great EX-SA communities there.
Second Australia, but still I wouldn't call NZ a bad place. Imagine trying list the issues in bullet points for South Africa right now.

1.) House could spontaneously combust at any point.

_TrXtR_

Expert Member
Hope it hits hard and fast. There's allot of natural causes needed in this country

hj007

Expert Member

I think his criteria at the moment are:
1. not get looted.

Therefore NZ or Aus will be fine for that.