South African BBM cybercrime policies may follow UK, Saudi Arabia

BeVonk!

Executive Member
Who will watch them to make sure it's not abused for all kinds of other reasons, incl. spying re tenders?

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Its a valid point. They should be able to.

Only if procedure is followed and you would have to have a suspiscion or at least some form of proof to be able to do it. It's a dangerous step.

BeVonk!

Executive Member
Stuff like this need a public watchdog that have access to all surveillance records to compare court orders with surveillance executed. Else who'll ever know when someone on the inside performs a few favours here and there?

bladebob

The breaks the privacy act and shold not be allowed. This goes for all other things that is against the rights of the people.

grok

Honorary Master
“We will not be spying on you, please,” Bapela assured the audience.

Yeah right, like current government is known for their trustworty attitude towards our freedoms.

BeVonk!

Executive Member
At least there is still a market for BlackBerry's ... anarchist segment of the mobile industry. :D

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
So when my Backberry get stolen you will be able to catch and arrest that criminal as well ?

If not then STFU...

ITCynic

Expert Member
What about our constitutional rights to privacy. Seems all the important bits in our constitution is slowly being eroded.

That said, I agree with BeVonk that a independent public watchdog to monitor this is needed.

BeVonk!

Executive Member
When Obed talks to BlackBerry I wonder if the phone will talk back?

BeVonk!

Executive Member
What is getting to me is that the increase in "crime", "riots" and "terrorism" is limiting our freedoms and making our lives more and more uncomfortable. I can't even get on a plane with my Swiss pocket-knife any more. Our homes must have frustrating security systems in place to keep unwanted visitors out. Our kids can't play in the streets any more (like many of us were used to) ... and they can't walk to school (like many of us did). The criminal has so many rights now that my home is becoming a jail and my neighbourhood a military zone. And now Governments are using all this to limit our freedoms from the other side ... so we are in a vice-grip with pressure coming from two sides to crush us. In the end we in the middle will break and it will be war between Governments and Criminals with nothing left in-between.

ITCynic

Expert Member
What is getting to me is that the increase in "crime", "riots" and "terrorism" is limiting our freedoms and making our lives more and more uncomfortable. I can't even get on a plane with my Swiss pocket-knife any more. Our homes must have frustrating security systems in place to keep unwanted visitors out. Our kids can't play in the streets any more (like many of us were used to) ... and they can't walk to school (like many of us did). The criminal has so many rights now that my home is becoming a jail and my neighbourhood a military zone. And now Governments are using all this to limit our freedoms from the other side ... so we are in a vice-grip with pressure coming from two sides to crush us. In the end we in the middle will break and it will be war between Governments and Criminals with nothing left in-between.

Well said dude. BeVonk for president !!!!