South African billionaire plans to build new airport in Cape Town

dualmeister

Honorary Master

EADC

Executive Member
After 31 years abroad he has returned to South Africa where he is now focused on investments in Africa.

Look at this shoddy reporting I have been on this sight long enough to know this does not happen.

DiabloDane

Expert Member
uhm, ive been drifting and spinning on that race track barely a month ago, none of this was even mentioned to us and we use it on a almost weekly basis?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Atleast our area will have airport a few min drive from us now, still no fibre or tar roads for the area. But maybe one day lol

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Those fruit sellers at the nearly intersection are going to become rich :p

SilverCode

Oh no! A trip to Cape Town Airport is about 20 min from my place. A trip to this new Airport would be about 50min (hard to tell with roadworks messing up the traffic). Since my company cares more about saving a dime than peoples sanity, I can see them booking all flights at this airport to avoid the ACSA extortion fees. This means having to get up even earlier for those red eye flights :(

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Oh no! A trip to Cape Town Airport is about 20 min from my place. A trip to this new Airport would be about 50min (hard to tell with roadworks messing up the traffic). Since my company cares more about saving a dime than peoples sanity, I can see them booking all flights at this airport to avoid the ACSA extortion fees. This means having to get up even earlier for those red eye flights :(

It will be a very long time still before you have to actually worry about this, if it even happens at all.

Flojo

Expert Member
Why
Do we need another airport?

Buy Ysterplaat.
That base is just standing there.

garp

Executive Member
The more the merrier, I reckon. Won't make much sense for anyone who lives south of Goodwood/Parow but probably a good long term plan for the northern expansion.

swb

I won't suspect anything major happening there in the next 10 years. A few years ago I read that sites were being considered for an 2nd airport in the Boland/Swartland area. The other location which was or still is being considered is between Darling/Malmesbury. Wonder what will happen to the drift track/skid pan area there. Stuff the airport and build a race track. :cool:

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Last edited:

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur