South African broadband prices versus other countries

gregmcc

Honorary Master
50mbps unlimited fibre in the UK is about R500pm with a landline:crying:
Prices vary here (UK) a lot.
I used to be with BT paying around R900 for 67Mbps. Now moved over to Virgin, paying R415 for 100Mbps. Both uncapped. The nice thing is when your 12 month contract is up you can bargain with them. If they can't offer better prices than another ISP you just move. I can use 4-5 different providers in my area.

Swa

Honorary Master
I used to be with BT paying around R900 for 67Mbps. Now moved over to Virgin, paying R415 for 100Mbps. Both uncapped. The nice thing is when your 12 month contract is up you can bargain with them. If they can't offer better prices than another ISP you just move. I can use 4-5 different providers in my area.
Ja, and then we have people claiming that overseas they are stuck to one provider in an area. lol

We Love Bass

Do people in the UK still love to hate TalkTalk like how we love to hate Telkom here? :ROFL: