South African companies which are “too white” nailed

ekske1

Executive Member
South African companies which are “too white” nailed

The Department of Labour has started to fine companies which are “too white” according to the Employment Equity Act (EEA).

Affirmative Action, which falls under the EEA, aims to ensure that qualified designated groups – black people, women, and people with disabilities – are equally represented in the workplace.
'cause blecks can just sprung forth from the ground [like dwarfs] to be employed as skilled and professional workers?

Please forget about education or roots or growth; tomorrow they'd just appear at your door ready for placement.

Last edited:

krycor

Honorary Master
While I dislike AA policies, every time I come across a non diverse company I wonder why they still trapped in the past.

I dunno if people realized but it’s 25yrs post apartheid. As much as I berate the ANC for their policies and abuse of treasury when you see companies that have a hiring trend and/or where it’s clear everything from managers of managers are old guard I go “ah.. that’s why people are feel justified”.

I dunno.. junk status needs to happen so that people can unify against a common evil.

justmaimane

Only if government has share in the so called company... but if not, they should leave private companies alone.

Drifter

Honorary Master
While I dislike AA policies, every time I come across a non diverse company I wonder why they still trapped in the past.

I dunno if people realized but it’s 25yrs post apartheid. As much as I berate the ANC for their policies and abuse of treasury when you see companies that have a hiring trend and/or where it’s clear everything from managers of managers are old guard I go “ah.. that’s why people are feel justified”.

I dunno.. junk status needs to happen so that people can unify against a common evil.
You drunk? Or High?

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

Yeah no....

I dislike AA but I can see it's point... Except now it's getting to be a bit tired... There needs to be a sunset clause in the whole thing..

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
South Africa is an extremely hostile environment for any serious business or even investment venture. As long as you have AA and BEE laws in place companies face an uncertain future. While this is normally swept under the rug with the Apartheid broom, the fact is, no company can grow under these laws.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
South Africa is an extremely hostile environment for any serious business or even investment venture. As long as you have AA and BEE laws in place companies face an uncertain future. While this is normally swept under the rug with the Apartheid broom, the fact is, no company can grow under these laws.
Again lew... Many many countries have AA laws in place... Even the states do if memory serves me correctly.

The idea behind them is not totally off the mark. The simplistic implementation on the other hand is.

MachoPants

Expert Member
Wonder what the actual factual reasons are, for this 'lack of transformation' they keep going on about. Aside from the racism excuse.

FoXtroT

Expert Member

What is wrong, morally, with having an non-diverse workplace? You can argue that is good for business and yada yada, but that doesn't mean government has to get involved.

In addition, all you are really doing, at best, is spreading people around. You are not creating jobs, you are just shifting them around until every company meets this ideal racial breakdown, it serves zero purpose except as an administrative burden.

EE is retarded. To specificy that a workplace must have the same racial breakdown as the rest of the country, 'just because' is not a good enough reason to have it.