South African courier hijackings are worse than ever

epah

Expert Member
And then the car is gone forever. I think it is one place that you don't want your car to be.

But why? If I was a courier I wouldn't report it. And nothing is going to happen anyway. You'll have all the effort and inconvenience and then the docket is chucked into a dark hole.

But if you don’t report it insurance won’t pay for the good or the vehicle. How will you get around that?

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
I won't even be surprised if some government officials are involved in these syndicates. Why would they do anything about it then? That's right, they don't care, so most likely got a finger in the pie.

SAPS is only concerned about the high number of the population not wearing masks. You can rob, rape, murder as long as you're wearing a mask . . . carry on!

lived666

Executive Member
My courier driver was highjacked, they found him dazed and concussed in a veld somewhere - he never got over it, not surprisingly, and quit a few weeks after the incident.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Where are the apologists?

"Couriers are a reminder of the slave trade, when humans were shipped and transported...bla bla bla..."

PS> Thank fuk my Whisky made it from JHB down to CT.

Takkies

South African courier hijackings are worse than ever

Criminal syndicates and opportunistic robbers are setting their sights on packages being transported by couriers in South Africa.

This is according to Garry Marshall, the CEO of the South African Express Parcel Association (SAEPA), which represents a wide range of couriers operating in the country.

The ANC's answer to hijackings is the same as;
their answer to farm Murders is the same as;
their answer to GBV.

Defund the police so that there's more for us to waste!

Gazg

Lol......has anyone noticed how inaccurate the picture accompanying the story is?

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Will insuring parcels help in any way?
I haven't done any shopping online in a while, so haven't been burned like this.

Mekon

Expert Member
This is what happens when there is a weak spineless useless simp in charge of the police that prioritizes arresting surfers on empty beaches.

maumau

Honorary Master
Back in the 2000s I remember our couriers being armed.

Years ago when our company moved premises valuable stock had to be transported. Boss had 2 cars with armed men driving in front and 2 cars with armed men driving behind the truck.

I shudder to think what would've happened if anyone tried a hijacking.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Years ago when our company moved premises valuable stock had to be transported. Boss had 2 cars with armed men driving in front and 2 cars with armed men driving behind the truck.

I shudder to think what would've happened if anyone tried a hijacking.
That's intense. The boss had foresight :)