South African courier hijackings are worse than ever

|tera|

Master of Messengers
This.
I keep telling people, all the moaning in 2020 was basically just a meme generator, but for us specifically, the jokes are about to stop being funny.
I'm no doomsday prophet. But I agree.
At the rate that this country is thieving left and right at the expense of the people, will not go on without consequences.
We are already being burned. Tax increases, fuel, power, food, alcohol, smokes, it's just insane all around.

rvZA

Expert Member
Got my Takealot order delivered by an unmarked privately owned dilapidated Toyota Corolla yesterday.

All my Takealot orders are usually delivered by unmarked vehicles, mainly because in our area it is done my Mr. D food. These guys are all driving their own private vehicles, but do have a shirt with a logo on.

Of late, I noticed that three different drivers from The Courier Guy have removed the branding from their vehicles and are now driving white bakkies. Not sure this will be a long-term solution though.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Got my Takealot order delivered by an unmarked privately owned dilapidated Toyota Corolla yesterday.

That is normal here, most Takealot deliveries via Mr D I receive is delivered by private vehicle. It is only when it is too big to go into a car when they leverage their logistic partners to make the delivery.

VooDooC

Expert Member
Soon they're going to target the Mr D delivery guys as well, gamble though. Will I be scoring a R12k PS5 or a McDonald's hamburger?

RonSwanson

Executive Member
"When you report it the vehicle becomes a crime scene and gets impounded..."

I didn't realise SAPS were this efficient...
Hijacking outside of my complex 2 weeks ago, 2 guys with guns, took 3 parcels from the front of the van and threw them out as well as the driver's manifest, obviously after the bigger and better stuff was in the back of the van. The parcels were all plastic wrapped and thus contained fingerprint evidence, none of the fsckrs wore gloves.
Driver was taken hostage and released in Tembisa 1 hour later, vehicle found 2 hours after that in Tembisa by another security company.
It took the SAPS 3 days to arrive on the actual crime scene to get the parcels, and that was after I contacted CPF chairperson 3 times, meaning that the parcels had been handed over to at least 4 separate security guard shifts. When asked why it took so long, the SAPS just shrugged their shoulders. Clearly whatever fingerprint evidence was left was no longer usable.

Useless cnuts, they simply aren't interested, neither in preventing the crime not the followup and prosecution. They have no understanding or will to do their jobs, despite their 30% matric. I'd sooner trust the far poorer and lesser educated security guards who live in Diepsloot than our SAPS.

adrianx

Expert Member
The article's cover photo.... when is that crap going to stop and what makes it okay?

Edit: The other side of the coin :p
"I demand the decolonization of all stock photography used in this Country:love:"

Last edited:

surface

Honorary Master
Soon they're going to target the Mr D delivery guys as well, gamble though. Will I be scoring a R12k PS5 or a McDonald's hamburger?
For once, I have a bad story to tell. 4 months ago, woolies postponed our order inexplicably. Later on, when I asked driver next time around, he said he was robbed of all groceries as they took his mini-van away :-( They didn't hurt him though.

envo

Expert Member
Criminals will always find a way, we can order things online but they will still find a way to get their hands on them.
its actually smart (and I wonder why it took them so long to figure out), that robbing 1 delivery guy of 20 people's packages, is easier than breaking into 20 houses.

epah

Expert Member
its actually smart (and I wonder why it took them so long to figure out), that robbing 1 delivery guy of 20 people's packages, is easier than breaking into 20 houses.

It took them long because before online shopping wasn’t popular so couriers were full of unsellable personal junk that people sent to family instead of all these fancy clothes,phones,electronics etc that we now buy online

KikzAzz

But if you don’t report it insurance won’t pay for the good or the vehicle. How will you get around that?

Very true. Give you no option in that case.

I was robbed at a traffic light of my cellphone in Sunnyside not long ago. Did not even bother reporting that because going to a police station is not a very nice experience. Luckily or is that unluckily, I was not insured so there was no benefit in doing it. Would have been nice if the insurance could replace it though.

Still see the ******* that robbed me at the traffic light in the same place from time to time.