South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Wow..... That thread was moving. Let's see what the experts can tell us in this one that was not said in the other. :sneaky:

Crayons

Are people older than 60 supposed to stay at home even if they are part of essential services? There's this one old person that grosses me out and I want to report them.

MiW

Expert Member
I am originally from the Czech Republic (Czechoslovakia). Believe me when I say this has nothing to do with communism, I experienced all of it and this is far beyond that. This feels more like a dictatorial 'state-failism".
Tell them. I've been saying the same.I've lived in South America and in communist countries, and there is a big difference between banana republics and the ex communist ones. SA falls in the banana section.
Communism: no citizen ever really believed in it, free and very good schools and universities ( kind of why no one really believed in the crappy doctrines) free medicine, no unemployment, no homeless, no social grants. Still terrible thing , but not nearly as bad as South Africa , when it gets to be like Zim , or even worse Rwanda , Sudan and other tribal divided countries.

I think the moment SA gets rid of the common problem - whites, runs out of $ and food, the tribes will start fighting each other and will get very ugly(it did start going this way after apartheid), or ANC will rule Zim style to prevent it .

RedViking

Nord of the South
Are people older than 60 supposed to stay at home even if they are part of essential services? There's this one old person that grosses me out and I want to report them.
'Hugo, bel die polisie!

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Tell them. I've been saying the same.I've lived in South America and in communist countries, and there is a big difference between banana republics and the ex communist ones. SA falls in the banana section.
Communism: no citizen ever really believed in it, free and very good schools and universities ( kind of why no one really believed in the crappy doctrines) free medicine, no unemployment, no homeless, no social grants. Still terrible thing , but not nearly as bad as South Africa , when it gets to be like Zim , or even worse Rwanda , Sudan and other tribal divided countries.

I think the moment SA gets rid of the common problem - whites, runs out of $ and food, the tribes will start fighting each other and will get very ugly(it did start going this way after apartheid), or ANC will rule Zim style to prevent it .
If it wasn't for the country being multiracial it would of descended into civil war a long time ago. Having other race groups around kept the local tribes united under their common black identity. Otherwise the country would be fractured under ethnic lines. The Zulus would definitely have revolted and maybe even a revolts in the Free State supported by Lesotho and in the North West supported by Botswana, throw in Swaziland in the mix and you'll see that in terms of indigenous tribes the country is a powder keg

Paulsie

Spot on re communism. The really bad part happened way before my time in the 50s, shortly after WW2.

After that not too bad. All had jobs, no poverty etc. If you complied (and pretended to be for the party), you had a good job, perks etc. If you did not, you just lead your fairly comfortable life. You had a job, a car, a house. The biggest negative back than was the unavailability of most western goods and not being allowed to travel to western countries.

The poor locals would be lucky if they were to experience communism here as it would be a vast improvement for them (albeit without the ability to strike or riot). But this is heading to the banana category indeed.

Note: I do not support communism, only sharing my experience as there seems to be a misconception as to what it actually represents.

MiW

Expert Member
If it wasn't for the country being multiracial it would of descended into civil war a long time ago. Having other race groups around kept the local tribes united under their common black identity. Otherwise the country would be fractured under ethnic lines. The Zulus would definitely have revolted and maybe even a revolts in the Free State supported by Lesotho and in the North West supported by Botswana, throw in Swaziland in the mix and you'll see that in terms of indigenous tribes the country is a powder keg
Yes, my observations are the same,solution could be only civil war or heavy police/ military rule without the white enemy.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Yes, my observations are the same,solution could be only civil war or heavy police/ military rule without the white enemy.
Don't forget the Indian enemy in KZN and the coloured enemy in the WC

Jase

Executive Member
Pray tell, how does he gross you out?

Paulsie

Thread called ccovid-19 news and whatnot, find drivel on bananas and republics and East German cars.

WTF?
If the point of discussion was the danger of WW2 German aerial raids, would you not also occasionally stray into the topic of concentration camps??

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Anyway heard on ENCA yesterday that government only ordered something like 1 million flu vaccines and only 250,000 have been used.

I've calling around to all the nearby pharmacies and none of them seem to have stock. It's like the quota for my area has already been exhausted

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
If the point of discussion was the danger of WW2 German aerial raids, would you not also occasionally stray into the topic of concentration camps??
Jesus wept! This is even more retarded than the communist ****. There are more than enough threads dedicated to the crackdown and the dicktators and the communistas.

LetsDance

I am not sure if immune compromised people should take flu shots. I have googled and the answer seems to be affirmative. Other less main stream sources say this is the last thing you should do.

Paulsie

I am not sure if immune compromised people should take flu shots. I have googled and the answer seems to be affirmative. Other less main stream sources say this is the last thing you should do.
I did post this before - I did see a research article (can't find it again though, so no link sorry), that correlated a flu shot with overreactive immune system, ie your immune response is likely to be much stronger, which is what actually puts you in hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.