South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 2

jacoduplooy

It is just soooo interesting. I fall in Tshwane 6, and that delineation is of poor and middle class areas together in the same group. And another thing, Eersterust is in two groups. And a lot of the areas in the same group are not close to each other. Lies, damned lies and statistics.... Gmmfff

RedViking

Nord of the South
Level 3 regulations – what is likely to change this week?
Mthembu has also noted the elements which are up further discussion on Wednesday. Level 3 is expected to last a little longer than the previous stages of lockdown, but in a bid to continue unlocking the economy, the government is looking at possible ways to open up several industries while keeping people safe. There may even be some light relief for smokers, too…

• The tobacco ban is up for discussion, according to Mthembu – but reiterated there will be no return for the alcohol ban.
  • Sit-in options at restaurants are, quite literally, on the table.
  • The opening of hotels and B&Bs is under consideration for the National Coronavirus Command Council (NCCC)
  • The issue of bringing in ‘tighter rules’ for hot-spots, without knocking them down a level, is on the agenda.
  • The scientists advising the government will also update officials about how relaxed regulations have impacted health services
So we moving from level 3.0 to level 3.1.

Eish.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
People dying like flies and hospitals over whelmed ?
For weeks the figures were stable, not moving up. The recoveries were approaching 65% of the cases. Always looked suspicious and incorrect. The literally overnight up go the cases and the recoveries stop?

Totally confirms my suspicions that GP has been either not getting the data right or deliberately hiding it under a blanket of inefficiency.

djbrendan

Expert Member
For weeks the figures were stable, not moving up. The recoveries were approaching 65% of the cases. Always looked suspicious and incorrect. The literally overnight up go the cases and the recoveries stop?

Totally confirms my suspicions that GP has been either not getting the data right or deliberately hiding it under a blanket of inefficiency.
Looking at WC figures, recoveries have picked up quite a lot over the last 2 weeks. GP is on their way up, similar to what WC was a month ago

Paulsie

Love the poor writing from EWN:

:ROFL:
I see our charming and erudite Minister of Social Development has stated that she had no idea of the impact that lockdown would have on poor people....

Seriously? What the **** did you think would happen? Were you so invested in the idea that the majority of poor people are excluded from the economy that killing the economy would have no effect on them?
No, they only wanted to cripple the white economy. They never realized how many of their own people depend on it.

Cage Rattler

I wonder how many are keeping away from hospitals these days ...the local Kingsbury Casualty in Claremont not very busy at all tonight ... idiotically managed to trip over my own feet while jogging and had to get a few stitches in my chin!

Azg

Expert Member
I wonder how many are keeping away from hospitals these days ...the local Kingsbury Casualty in Claremont not very busy at all tonight ... idiotically managed to trip over my own feet while jogging and had to get a few stitches in my chin!
Makes sense to stay away from doctors:

access

Honorary Master
At SPAR Hilltop in Khayelitsha there is bedlam. Crowds on the pavement, no access control, the only mask is worn half hanging round her neck by a cashier. Broken face shield

People outside on the pavement selling meat, airtime, junk, clothes

The highest number of infections in Cape Town, and increasing fast
its those blerrie people playing in the snow