South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 2

MiW

Expert Member

djbrendan

Expert Member
Our company did retrenchments few weeks ago as well. Sad, but had a feeling it was coming.

pouroverguy

Honestly that's actually just a normal day, as I've said before, I had to take my older family members to various government hospitals back in the day, the last time was in 2017 and that's not really much different.
The beds at most of the hospitals are from the 70s and 80s, the fittings haven't changed since either, I've seen blood soaked sheets, I've seen people die waiting for a doctor.
I've waited 12 hours for a burst appendix to be seen to, and another 12 hours for the op. I've seen an gun shot victims just left on gurneys, broken bones sitting in agony. The one thing is they are relatively quick with the elderly, and I mean as quick as 6 hours.
I think it depends on the hospital, and day. ERs can get really busy all over the world, especially on weekends due to alcohol related violence and accidents. Cousin (about 10 years old), had to wait really long to see a doctor after falling and getting fractured, at a Public Hospital in Ottawa, Canada.

Last edited:

R13...

Honorary Master
I think it depends on the hospital, and day. ERs can get really busy all over the world, especially on weekends due to alcohol related violence and accidents causes many people to need assistance. Cousin (about 10 years old), had to wait really long to see a doctor after falling and getting fractured, at a Public Hospital in Ottawa, Canada.
You'll have a deal of waiting at any public hospital system anywhere in the world. Even private ERs can have you waiting hours at times depending on how busy they are. That's not even without the usual alcohol idiots.

I've been to Bara to see someone admitted and the place didn't seem that bad (haven't been to their ER). Yes, the hospital seems rather dated but the ward and general environs were clean.

SNLV30

“There seems to be little appetite on the part of government to address the unabated COVID-19 looting spree currently taking place in our municipalities. It’s for this reason that the DA believes Dlamini-Zuma must account to Parliament. If the Executive is reluctant to address looting, Parly will force them to take action.”

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Third cop roablock somewhere in the ganoonies after Gariepdam.

Breezed through, no occifers waiting for cars, but sitting in their car.

What a farce.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Are they all over 60?
The odds are according to some or other "study" 1 in 10 000 against them.