South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
As much as I hate masks, I do not get why people can not just wear the damn thing.
It’s stupid.
This has been a way for the ANC to loot more but the virus still exist.
I hated the change, but ffs people I need this to pass. I need to work.
The entire world wears masks

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Allowed:
Auctions
Parks open for exercise
No gyms
No family visits but you can get into full taxi go home.. doesn’t make sense.
Emphasis probably on cross-border visits. I've seen an increase of people visiting the rural areas more often in the past month or so, taking the virus to areas that have little to no health care systems.

Pegasus

Executive Member
You only caught on now that their figures are suspicious?
Haven’t looked in a while.
India is bad, but relative to SA its good.
We have more cases than Italy already, but way less deaths.

How the USA can be worse hit than India and China put together is also odd as hell.

daveza

Honorary Master

“The other issue is that the taxi interior, such as door handles, should be wiped down at least twice a day.
Yeah twice a day will be fine if you only open the door twice a day.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Did China stop counting infections?

How is is that they have only 83k, and we have 276k?
in my opinion, only two possible answers. They successfully contained the virus with extreme quarantine measures until it burnt itself out or they are hiding the true facts.

Paulsie

Trellian

I think it's time to impeach our government for not just plain incompetence, not just sheer stupidity, but active malfeasance, willing neglect, willful ignorance and just plain uselessness. I wish it was just contained to the fiasco they have made of the management of the COVID-19 crisis, but read on...

My jaw is in a constant state of 'drop'when I hear what our government says, and what they end up forcing upon us. The village idiot would be a better candidate for governing this country than the ANC. Really, Cyril?

Sorry for the rant. But exactly how much more ridiculous can it get? When we put all the factors together, the corruption, the nepotism, the obvious racism (farm murders, anyone?), the glaring absence of effective legal process for anyone in government (or their families) that have swindled the nation, bribed their way to fortune, mishandled a pandemic and continue to make a mockery of civilization, one has to think. Really, Cyril?

I expected you to stand up for this nation, not to palsy it into the ground as you are doing. Yes, you are responsible. You are the president. You shoulder the responsibility. You chose and accepted it. But you are not alone. Your party did the same. And you and they are currently showing how they are not only dramatically failing us, but you are making clowns of yourselves while doing it. (And likely getting rich in the process).

Really, Cyril? Can't you rein the kids in? Or do we need an actual president?

Status
Not open for further replies.