South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedViking

Nord of the South
?? Does next to nothing to stop any particles coming in or out, might as well not wear it.
Might not, but the government requires it. So it helps those who believe it doesn't make a difference from breathing normally and satisfy the government at the same time.

Does it look like anyone cares about no smoking?

Any one cares about no drinking?

Anyone cares about social distancing?

Anyone cares about not visiting familly?

Then why the hell must they care about wearing what you believe is the correct mask?

zoozi

Might not, but the government requires it. So it helps those who believe it doesn't make a difference from breathing normally and satisfy the government at the same time.

Does it look like anyone cares about no smoking?

Any one cares about no drinking?

Anyone cares about social distancing?

Anyone cares about not visiting familly?

Then why the hell must they care about wearing what you believe is the correct mask?
Well it wouldn't surprise me at this point to see people not understand the effectiveness of a condom with holes in it as a barrier to infection and transmission.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Well it wouldn't surprise me at this point to see people not understand the effectiveness of a condom with holes in it as a barrier to infection and transmission.
More like using clingwrap as a condom.

Although I personally believe masks make a difference, there is NONE of us that know how effective our mostly home made masks are. Very few use surgical or rated and approved masks.

zoozi

Although I personally believe masks make a difference, there is NONE of us that know how effective our mostly home made masks are. Very few use surgical or rated and approved masks.
Maybe, but there have been enough studies to show the effectiveness of different materials. Doesn't take much to see that any number of layers is better than that, whatever reduces the amount of droplets you transmit and inhale.

tetrasect

Putting your hand in front of your face and blowing will give you a pretty good idea of how well your mask is working (as far as blocking the airflow goes).

rietrot

Honorary Master
Putting your hand in front of your face and blowing will give you a pretty good idea of how well your mask is working (as far as blocking the airflow goes).
The virus particles are smaller than the openings between the fabric of the mask.

Now you don't cough out a big droplet, but a fine mist that hangs in the air for longer.

Last edited:

rietrot

Honorary Master
Without a maskdownload%20(2).jpg
With a maskdownload%20(3).jpg

That's why there now studies/rumors (I don't even know) that the virus is airborne.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Incorrect, unless they stuffed up the regs. CR clearly said parks open only for exercise, NOT recreation
public parks, except for exercising and subject to health protocols. ".
https://www.gov.za/sites/default/files/gcis_document/202007/43521gon763.pdf

Unless the word except has a new anc meaning...

By the way, since when does what Squirrel says mean anything? We all know since the great cigarette debacle that he spews forth some twatwaffle, and then NDZ comes along and tells us what is actually going to happen.

Paulsie

https://www.gov.za/sites/default/files/gcis_document/202007/43521gon763.pdf

Unless the word except has a new anc meaning...

By the way, since when does what Squirrel says mean anything? We all know since the great cigarette debacle that he spews forth some twatwaffle, and then NDZ comes along and tells us what is actually going to happen.
The old regulations (regulation 39 section h) deals with public places closed - it used to list beaches and parks together.

The new amendment keeps the beaches as closed in section h and moves parks to section i. The regulation 39 therefore says "public places where gatherings remain prohibited......... (h) beaches, (i) public parks, unless for exercising and subject to health protocols.

That's what happens when you start substituting and changing words in amendments. Nobody has a clue of what's going on anymore and that is why we need lawyers in the world.

tetrasect

The virus particles are smaller than the openings between the fabric of the mask.

Now you don't cough out a big droplet, but a fine mist that hangs in the air for longer.
Without a maskView attachment 874353
With a maskView attachment 874355

That's why there now studies/rumors (I don't even know) that the virus is airborne.
Those pictures don't represent reality at all. The bottom one would be what your breath looks like under a microscope. With a mask on, the majority of those droplets would be absorbed by the mask.

The point of the blowing test is to see how well the mask prevents the directional flow of air/droplets.
Without a mask, if you blow in a certain direction, your breath will travel several meters.
With a mask (if it works as it should, which is the whole purpose of the test) your breath should only travel a few centimeters, since the mask is blocking the flow.
With a good mask on you should be unable to blow out a candle.
And if a mask can block air it sure as hell can block droplets.

Paulsie

Seems like Squirrel can’t read. I thought it made sense cause beaches would probably be open for walkies.
And remember, they are yet to announce what constitutes strenuous exercise. As in masks do not have to be worn when undergoing strenuous exercise, the definition of which will be announced....

That will be fun!!!

Mila

Honorary Master
And remember, they are yet to announce what constitutes strenuous exercise. As in masks do not have to be worn when undergoing strenuous exercise, the definition of which will be announced....

That will be fun!!!
Do you hear that?
Its my eyes rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.