South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 2

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Absolutely fscking bizarre shyte...
These are like old Soviet jokes:
Work at a 'tractor factory, but when you steal the parts and take them home, they always look like a rocket launcher...

Are those summer T-shirts? No they keep you warm in winter...

Edit: And who buys summer clothes in winter anyway? Will the Level 4 list change in September?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I know this has been posted somewhere before but it seems to be a timely reminder to these clowns.
For those on Twitter please send the original to the entire NCCC's twitter accounts on my behalf.

Winston Churchill: 3rd February 1949

If you destroy a free market you create a black market.
If you make 10,000 regulations you destroy all respect for the law

Last edited:

Temujin

Executive Member
Alternative version:
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/l...ng-and-clothes-for-adults-and-children-2020-5
WTF:

The rest of the list is equally arcane and bizarre...

So what exactly are they not allowed to sell??

Also car sales gazetted:
Bunch of ****ing petty assholes... world is looking at us shaking their heads

Spliffcat

Executive Member
Fekkem. I'm zooming along as normal.
Pathetic dumb idiots.
When is the next flight out of this Shithole?

Spliffcat

Executive Member
Fekkem. I'm zooming along as normal.
Pathetic dumb idiots.
When is the next flight out of this Shithole?

jackshiels

Expert Member
Yep. I'm outta here as soon as flights start up again. Systems professional with a history of social work and social systems... can't stomach this govt. any more. They drive the skilled away.

Supervan II

Expert Member
(d) Logistics for the wholesale distribution of cars across South Africa,
subject to the following:
(i) movement of cars under own power to be permitted from Port of
arrival to an approved storage facility provided vehicles moved do
not exceed batches of 10 at a time;
OMG. 10.

I sincerely hope that they will remember their social distancing! Can't have those brand-new cars catching the virus, now can we?

WTAF? :rolleyes:

Paulsie

Alternative version:
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/l...ng-and-clothes-for-adults-and-children-2020-5
WTF:

The rest of the list is equally arcane and bizarre...

So what exactly are they not allowed to sell??

Also car sales gazetted:
Do you think you will now be fined or thrown in jail when you get cought in possession of a t-shirt that is not SPECIFICALLY marked as undergarment for warmth?

Alternatively will they confiscate this off you???

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
Do you think you will now be fined or thrown in jail when you get cought in possession of a t-shirt that is not SPECIFICALLY marked as undergarment for warmth?

Alternatively will they confiscate this off you???
You mean as a shop owner? Probably. Easy to get around though. Basically they are banning the sale of swimwear and flip flops.

Temujin

Executive Member
****ing insanity, WTF are these idiots doing? Businesses closing, jobs bleeding, people starving, people getting beaten to death by cops and sandf, and these brain dead tits are sitting on conference calls debating whether flops should be sold or not

Paulsie

You mean as a shop owner? Probably. Easy to get around though. Basically they are banning the sale of swimwear and flip flops.
No sorry, that was an attempt at sarcasm.

First sale of booze and cigarettes was banned, then they started confiscating them from cars.

My question was, will the cops take the t-shirt off you at the roadblock, considering it is a "banned substance'

Lupus

Honorary Master
Something is very wrong with this whole system if you actually need to gazette what clothes people can and can’t buy at any given time.
Couldn't get underwear at one point, at the beginning couldn't get any clothes which was pathetic, now you can't get things like hair bands and such and my locks need it man :)

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Couldn't get underwear at one point, at the beginning couldn't get any clothes which was pathetic, now you can't get things like hair bands and such and my locks need it man :)
Do I need to say it?

Lupus

Honorary Master
As the rest of the world starts to wake up and realise, oh frak it was just really bad flu bros, South African government is going noooo flip flops for you... It can give you the virus.