South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiW

Expert Member
We follow international trends during the pandemic , its an extra gravy train so my guess is yup.
Might be the case, but we have much larger numbers of people dying out of hospitals, without testing. And I suspect that because of the stigma in the local communities and the rules for covid funerals , families will prefer to don't announce it.
Also wondering (after reading that South Africa is one of the 8 African countries reporting over 75% of deaths), how many peoples deaths don't get reported , maybe even because of carrying on drawing their social grants.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Might be the case, but we have much larger numbers of people dying out of hospitals, without testing. And I suspect that because of the stigma in the local communities and the rules for covid funerals , families will prefer to don't announce it.
Also wondering (after reading that South Africa is one of the 8 African countries reporting over 75% of deaths), how many peoples deaths don't get reported , maybe even because of carrying on drawing their social grants.
Yup you got some good points , I do believe that over reporting is happening for cash grabs ,I just don't like seeing the covid scaremongers go spouting non facts unchallenged.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
So, the smoke is there, still to verify if there is a fire feeding it and not just movie smoke?

Last edited:

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory

Inter-provincial travel is no longer a risk and ban on alcohol sales no longer needed, say Covid-19 Ministerial Advisory chair.
Inter-provincial travel will no longer be a risk at this stage and the prohibition on alcohol is no longer necessary, say Covid-19 Ministerial Advisory Committee chair Professor Salim Kariem.

Prof Karim says it was originally anticipated that South Africa would see its peak at some point in August or September.

djbrendan

Expert Member
Last edited:

bwana

MyBroadband
From squirrel's speech on the 12th of July
To ensure that we have the means to continue to respond effectively to this severe health emergency, Cabinet has approved the extension of the national state of disaster to the 15th of August 2020
So where's the extension? There's a legal requirement that it can only be extended one month at a time. Surely time is up?

Status
Not open for further replies.