South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

Gordon_R

Honorary Master

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Phase I trials should not be in the news IMO. Vaccines have a terrible failure rate, and we already have several that work well, and can be modified to work on new variants.
Also, the title is BS. It is a new vaccine trial that might work against mutations of the original as well.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Cape Talk reported that Ramaphosa and Mkhize were given permisson to be vaccinated ahead of heath workers

What I wasn't aware of is that dozens of MP's also requested to be included in the first rollout - this was turned down by the regulators.

Apparently, according to the report, health unions also wanted their staff included - also turned down by regulators..

The only other source I can find is pay walled - are there any others ?

No, let natural selection take its course with the corrupt and the stupid. They should be last in line with the sinking of the ship.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Cape Talk reported that Ramaphosa and Mkhize were given permisson to be vaccinated ahead of heath workers

What I wasn't aware of is that dozens of MP's also requested to be included in the first rollout - this was turned down by the regulators.

Apparently, according to the report, health unions also wanted their staff included - also turned down by regulators..

The only other source I can find is pay walled - are there any others ?

Not surprising people want to get to the front of the queue.

I mean physiotherapists do it.

I mean I can't wait for the day I'm in a serious car wreck and instead of EMT's and advanced life support, a pink volksie bus rushes up with an aromatherapist and a physio ready to keep me alive.

For **** sake man.

Lupus

Honorary Master

I mean I can't wait for the day I'm in a serious car wreck and instead of EMT's and advanced life support, a pink volksie bus rushes up with an aromatherapist and a physio ready to keep me alive.

For **** sake man.
Why are you throwing a physio in with aromatherapists? Are you confusing them with chiropractors?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Why are you throwing a physio in with aromatherapists? Are you confusing them with chiropractors?
No, but they're hardly "frontline" healthcare workers now, are they?

I've been in the emergency room many times and never stumbled into one.

Lupus

Honorary Master
They actually can be, if you are in a car accident and the surgeon has repaired any muscle or bone damage, a physio is needed afterwards to assist you in getting more motor function back.
So yeah you do actually want a physio after a car accident, but only after the surgeons have done their thing.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
They actually can be, if you are in a car accident and the surgeon has repaired any muscle or bone damage, a physio is needed afterwards to assist you in getting more motor function back.
So yeah you do actually want a physio after a car accident, but only after the surgeons have done their thing.
Yeah, after the fact, not up front. I'm clearly misunderstanding what is meant by frontline then.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yeah, after the fact, not up front. I'm clearly misunderstanding what is meant by frontline then.
They are still there in the thick of things, and as Gordon has said you'd need one after being taken off ventaliation. I've seen them also helping people who've had CPR done on them as their ribs were broken. They are actually surprisingly important, not just for an intense massage.

Lupus

Honorary Master
So I did my works normal survey to get into the office, as we have a hardware fault. Apparently I need to seek medical help before I'm allowed in due to a headache? So I've booked the Dr and one of the less senior guys has gone into fix the issue. Which I'm hoping isn't too bad.

Paulsie

Expert Member
So I did my works normal survey to get into the office, as we have a hardware fault. Apparently I need to seek medical help before I'm allowed in due to a headache? So I've booked the Dr and one of the less senior guys has gone into fix the issue. Which I'm hoping isn't too bad.
Standard medical screening for covid, albeit a bit uptight. We have 2-3 concurrent at work, to eliminate the usual common daily malaise

Lupus

Honorary Master
Standard medical screening for covid, albeit a bit uptight. We have 2-3 concurrent at work, to eliminate the usual common daily malaise
I have a freaking headache, but I do suppose it's forcing me to get a bit of a checkup.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

I've been in the emergency room many times and never stumbled into one.
The point is they are also dealing with Covid patients at some point during the day, AND their exposure to patients is an extended one last many times longer than most nurses per session.
Your bitch is just stupid.

JohnStarr

Executive Member

For **** sake man.
Who do you think helps you with your breathing issues (like patting your chest to get rid of phlegm) during/after COVID, or to recover from said theoretical car accident?
Physios...