South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

daveza

Honorary Master
Simply put, whichever way they choose to do it, they cannot allow these mass Easter gatherings.

If vested interests have arranged transport and accommodation for millions, that's their problem.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Simply put, whichever way they choose to do it, they cannot allow these mass Easter gatherings.

If vested interests have arranged transport and accommodation for millions, that's their problem.

Pretty much agreed on this front, and it doesn't really require a change in level or anything of the sort, but an enforcement of the regulations as already in play.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
We were in full lockdown last year and yes, that prevented it.

I don't think a level 1 or 2 with restrictions of 250 people is going to achieve much though. Unfortunately, intra-provincial travel etc. needs to be blocked again and no gatherings allowed.
No it did not. It just hid the problem. LD does absolutely nothing in preventing the spread, it just moves infections around.

daveza

Honorary Master
A few million from each province, all gathering in one place, no masks, no social distancing, singing,....

Then they all come back home and back to the workplace.

What could possibly go wrong.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
A few million from each province, all gathering in one place, no masks, no social distancing, singing,....

Then they all come back home and back to the workplace.

What could possibly go wrong.
Or, let them all go and then isolate the whole damn lot in their enclave for 14 days with a demand of a negative test before being allowed to travel back home.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Pretty much agreed on this front, and it doesn't really require a change in level or anything of the sort, but an enforcement of the regulations as already in play.
That's how it should be, but we don't have the smartest muppets.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
But what about their feels....
Their human rights ..... Who the feck cares a damn. I don't.
"They" have made their choice, let them live with theirs and sink or swim in their own bugs.

Last edited:

daveza

Honorary Master

“In terms of the third wave, yes, I think we are all worried about the third wave, particularly after the April weekend, the Easter holidays as we go into winter and, as we spend more time, indoors the third wave is imminent,” said Gray.

Imminent ?! :eek::eek:

Hang on, so indoors is bad ? I guess it's time to close the parks and beaches again then. :unsure:

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
So wait, indoors is bad, and outdoors is bad?

We should all just shoot ourselves now....