South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

Broo

How the **** did they get test results back so quickly? I trust they went to their nearest government hospital or clinic?
I had to get a Covid test before being admitted to hospital about a month ago. The results were available the next day.

Lupus

Honorary Master
You keep posting this, like it's a big surprise that death reports are lagging days behind....
Than you should also know testing results are lagging even further behind.

MiW

Expert Member
Than you should also know testing results are lagging even further behind.
Of course , don't see the point of repeating it for 7 months.
No problem with the private ones, had to do 3 tests in a month, because of idiotic hospital rules, they came out with in a day.Which makes me wonder whats the % of positives from the public testing.

garp

Executive Member
You keep posting this, like it's a big surprise that death reports are lagging days behind....
It highlights that they split the results into 24-48 hrs vs the rest because of an "auditing" process with zero information provided as to when the deaths actually occurred, i.e. they could have been last week or any time from March, for all we know. I think it is important to understand that the figure we are told is not necessarily indicative of what is happening right now. If they wanted to provide accurate information then they should break it down - i.e. deaths < 7 days, <30 days, etc. The fact that they don't causes mistrust.

MiW

Expert Member
It highlights that they split the results into 24-48 hrs vs the rest because of an "auditing" process with zero information provided as to when the deaths actually occurred, i.e. they could have been last week or any time from March, for all we know. I think it is important to understand that the figure we are told is not necessarily indicative of what is happening right now. If they wanted to provide accurate information then they should break it down - i.e. deaths < 7 days, <30 days, etc. The fact that they don't causes mistrust.
Yes, not getting what is new?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Interesting bit on semantics. I wonder IF the Minister understands the implications of his words? Does he actually understand ANYTHING about dealing with Covid 19, if he, as the health minister, fails to understand the meanings of the concepts of Isolation and Quarantine?

1603090529660.png

Here is the correct usage. Someone able to get to the Minister, please help him right.

Isolation and quarantine are public health practices used to protect the public by preventing exposure to people who have or may have a contagious disease.

Isolation separates sick people with a contagious disease from people who are not sick.

Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease
to see if they become sick. These people may have been exposed to a disease and do not know it, or they may have the disease but do not show symptoms.

Attachments

• 1603090467200.png
    1603090467200.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 14

Lupus

Honorary Master
Interesting bit on semantics. I wonder IF the Minister understands the implications of his words? Does he actually understand ANYTHING about dealing with Covid 19, if he, as the health minister, fails to understand the meanings of the concepts of Isolation and Quarantine"

View attachment 935308

Here is the correct usage. Someone able to get to the Minister, please help him right.
Still find it humerous that the health minister got it.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Interesting bit on semantics. I wonder IF the Minister understands the implications of his words? Does he actually understand ANYTHING about dealing with Covid 19, if he, as the health minister, fails to understand the meanings of the concepts of Isolation and Quarantine?

View attachment 935308

Lockdown!!!!

Lock up the healthy people! Wheee!

And you still ask if this dumb **** has the vaguest understanding of language or how to deal with the faux-demic? He's as dumb as a plank. Same as the rest of the NCCCCCCCCCC. All he knows how to do is hang on to the power and feed at the trough.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I wonder what his mild symptoms were?
Who knows honestly, maybe he woke up with a scratchy throat. But perhaps if people can see that the unhealthiest bunch of our people can get away with getting it and barely showing a sign, but than again their advantage is they don't have to go die in a government "hospital"

garp

Executive Member
Yes, not getting what is new?
What is new is that deaths were trending downwards and then noticeably increased again which was inconsistent with the excess deaths being reported, and on 8 October the NICD confirmed that this was because of a process of data mining and auditing due to MRC recommendations. From this point onwards the NICD started reporting deaths within the last 24-48 hrs separately to the overall figure.

1603091879296.png

MiW

Expert Member
Lockdown!!!!

Lock up the healthy people! Wheee!

And you still ask if this dumb **** has the vaguest understanding of language or how to deal with the faux-demic? He's as dumb as a plank. Same as the rest of the NCCCCCCCCCC. All he knows how to do is hang on to the power and feed at the trough.
1603093749118.png

neoprema

Expert Member
Did you see that blogger or vlogger that Sky News mentioned - healthy 33 year old, no health problems, basically a fitness and nutrition freak.

gets COVID and dies from heart failure. Its stories like this that keep me up at night until this damn virus is gone.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Did you see that blogger or vlogger that Sky News mentioned - healthy 33 year old, no health problems, basically a fitness and nutrition freak.

gets COVID and dies from heart failure. Its stories like this that keep me up at night until this damn virus is gone.

Dude you could get run over by a bus tomorrow. Does that also keep you awake at night?

neoprema

Expert Member
Dude you could get run over by a bus tomorrow. Does that also keep you awake at night?
It used to. I've become better at managing it.
For example I used to overthink a lot. When someone would want to come in in traffic and I could let them in or not I used to struggle with the thoughts that if i let them in - they could change their position in time and get hit by a truck and killed. and it would be my fault for letting them in. BUT, what if I don't let them in, and then they get hit further down the road by a truck. I could have prevented it by changing their position in time.

These days though i don't experience it much but COVID-19 has sent me on a roll.