South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Barring inter-provincial travel? One week before, when all bookings and plans have been finalized???
Frankly, people who made travel plans in the midst of this epidemic need their heads read.
Any regulations should be specifically focused on large gatherings and specifically religious events.
There is nothing they can do anyway.
The third wave triggered by normal seasonal events has alreadyvstarted even if they can't see it in their data. Others can.

Some good news though:

2.8 million J&J vaccines to arrive at the end of April (according to press reports, this is confirmed).

Proper rollout will start around the mid of May. You will be asked to sign up online and receive a notification when it's your turn. For those who don't have online access, you will need to do sign up manually (not sure where).

daveza

Honorary Master
Only 42 million still needed then.

Meanwhile we have 300 million doses in PE for export only.

flytek

Frankly, people who made travel plans in the midst of this epidemic need their heads read.
Any regulations should be specifically focused on large gatherings and specifically religious events.
There is nothing they can do anyway.
The third wave triggered by normal seasonal events has alreadyvstarted even if they can't see it in their data. Others can.
Please explain how the third wave has started even though it cannot be seen by current data?

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
I'm actually agreeing with the MAC this time. Pre-empt the cluster **** that is coming by locking us down early.

For clarity:

View attachment 1041243

Articles from 2019 and 2013 respectively.
Or just ban the zcc.

noxibox

Honorary Master
I'm actually agreeing with the MAC this time. Pre-empt the cluster **** that is coming by locking us down early.

For clarity:

View attachment 1041243

Articles from 2019 and 2013 respectively.
So why not just ban religious gatherings? Why should those who aren't religious be locked up too?

We were in full lockdown last year and yes, that prevented it.

I don't think a level 1 or 2 with restrictions of 250 people is going to achieve much though. Unfortunately, intra-provincial travel etc. needs to be blocked again and no gatherings allowed.
But South Africans don't follow regulations.

noxibox

Honorary Master
The mythical third wave, it's coming and now it's going to be worse somehow? Did they find a new mutation? Which is why the 2nd wave was so bad?
They blamed the mutation or the people depending on the agenda.

With the apparently high numbers who were infected over summer any new wave is likely to be much smaller.

dualmeister

Honorary Master

Pastors from different churches in Cape Town demanded 100% capacity in their churches over the Easter weekend.

My vok :X3: