South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

dualmeister

Honorary Master

SlowInternet

Executive Member

Better-than-expected I guess.
So we can still get drunk by going to a restaurant but we cannot buy for off site consumption? Not that I worry about it 'cause I have enough to last me a few months.

feesbees

If the sale of alcohol for off-site consumption is not permitted, am I still able to transport alcohol in my car? Need to take champagne to our wedding venue for this weekend.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Last edited:

daveza

Honorary Master
If the sale of alcohol for off-site consumption is not permitted, am I still able to transport alcohol in my car? Need to take champagne to our wedding venue for this weekend.

They'll tell you next Tuesday.

Paulsie

Expert Member
Here we go with this Mon to Thurs bullshit again :mad:
They probably think the rest of the country is like the ANC, ie cannot plan. Do they really think people will leave it till Friday or Saturday to buy their booze???
And if people pre-buy, what's the point??

Lupus

Honorary Master
They probably think the rest of the country is like the ANC, ie cannot plan. Do they really think people will leave it till Friday or Saturday to buy their booze???
A lot of people buy on the weekend as they only get paid on Fridays. Generally those are the ones the ANC wants to vote strangely enough.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
If you didn't buy beer you can always go to a crowded pub over the weekend.
Much safer.

Poorer people mostly live from week-to-week, they don't have much spare cash on hand. They will spend money but only when they receive it. I do agree that this restriction won't really apply to the average myBBer, though.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
dbae26a2-5b7d-4a55-ab4b-71fb944cefb7.png

noxibox

Honorary Master
I honestly don't get this whole woohoo about booze, since March last year I've had 3 beers. Is the country that in need of alcohol?
It is the most popular recreational drug. It also provides a lot of income and tax. It makes no direct difference to me whether it is sold legally or illegally, but restrictions and bans have serious economic consequences in exchange for very questionable benefit.

Poorer people mostly live from week-to-week, they don't have much spare cash on hand. They will spend money but only when they receive it. I do agree that this restriction won't really apply to the average myBBer, though.
Which makes past bans that pushed it into the black market even worse. With there being so many warnings of a potential ban this time I wouldn't be surprised if those who want some stock for the weekend don't make a plan. Hopefully that doesn't mean borrowing money they can't afford to pay back.

Of course dealers in other recreational drugs will continue to sell over the long weekend, so there will remain options.

Herr der Verboten

Executive Member
I honestly don't get this whole woohoo about booze, since March last year I've had 3 beers. Is the country that in need of alcohol?
You don't prepare food the good way?

No chicken with chardonnay or mince with carbernet sauvignon... But it's just the beer one can drink

I shall toss my evil fermented teas