South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
It used to. I've become better at managing it.
For example I used to overthink a lot. When someone would want to come in in traffic and I could let them in or not I used to struggle with the thoughts that if i let them in - they could change their position in time and get hit by a truck and killed. and it would be my fault for letting them in. BUT, what if I don't let them in, and then they get hit further down the road by a truck. I could have prevented it by changing their position in time.

These days though i don't experience it much but COVID-19 has sent me on a roll.

Bloody hell. Have you thought about getting professional help?

neoprema

Expert Member
Bloody hell. Have you thought about getting professional help?
Hahaha no. As I said time solved most of it. But as someone who is not healthy/fit/thin its worrying to see someone so health die from it.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Hahaha no. As I said time solved most of it. But as someone who is not healthy/fit/thin its worrying to see someone so health die from it.
I honestly think you do need to go see someone, that sounds a bit like OCD tendenancies and not the ones people keep saying are OCD, but legit ones. You do have a problem and it would need to be looked at, living your life in fear like that.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Did you see that blogger or vlogger that Sky News mentioned - healthy 33 year old, no health problems, basically a fitness and nutrition freak.

gets COVID and dies from heart failure. Its stories like this that keep me up at night until this damn virus is gone.
Yes this is called life, the only thing you get out of it is death. You can go at any moment
Here's a healthy 21 year old Body builder who died from the flu
Yet COVID keeps you up at night, freaking hell I'm surprised you get out of bed, cause getting out of bed could lead to death, than again remaining in bed can as well.

Paulsie

Expert Member
healthy 33 year old, no health problems, basically a fitness and nutrition freak.

gets COVID and dies from heart failure. Its stories like this that keep me up at night until this damn virus is gone.
Guy like that probably went for a marathon run around his house. You hear often, that extremely fit people just drop of a heart attack as they push thselves too far.

Paulsie

Expert Member
Does anyone here know, or that is in HR, know the answer to the following question?

- If an employer has put in place all required sanitization, social distancing and other COVID-19 protection as required by law, and an employee who is not in the high risk category refuses to come back to the office to work when asked citing concerns over COVID-19. Does the employee have that right?

I can't find any info on it on the docs i've been reading online. Something tells me during the a Pandemic the employee does have the right to say they will only work from home even if the company orders them to return to normal office work?
Ironic that a fearful person like yourself worries about staff not wanting to return to work. Unless you were asking for yourself??!!?? :unsure::X3::ROFL:

Segg

Expert Member
Guy like that probably went for a marathon run around his house. You hear often, that extremely fit people just drop of a heart attack as they push thselves too far.

I knew a Doctor who died like this.

neoprema

Expert Member
Ironic that a fearful person like yourself worries about staff not wanting to return to work. Unless you were asking for yourself??!!?? :unsure::X3::ROFL:
I'm not afraid of returning to work actually, i need to i'm losing my sanity at home.
I manage a lot of staff, so was wanting to preempt this answer while waiting for HR to get back to me.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Took a drive past the Table Mountain cable way on Sat. May it was dead.
Good time for locals to go up though. No queues ;)

MiW

Expert Member
Waiting for the headlines tomorrow morning in all major papers!!!! NOT....
Logically if 'yesterday's' reported deaths are from 2 weeks ago, in 2 weeks time you will be getting the actual yesterdays figures. No?

tetrasect

Expert Member
Logically if 'yesterday's' reported deaths are from 2 weeks ago, in 2 weeks time you will be getting the actual yesterdays figures. No?

Unfortunately nobody seems to know whether they are digging up bodies, finding boxes of untested samples or if these are simply deaths from last week.

MiW

Expert Member
Unfortunately nobody seems to know whether they are digging up bodies, finding boxes of untested samples or if these are simply deaths from last week.

Can you spot the day Spain started to report the deaths only from the past 24h?
Bureaucracy is too slow for immediate reporting, I bet most of the countries are not very specific on when exactly people died...UK even couldn't keep the cause of dead right.
1603122797509.png

Paulsie

Expert Member
At the beginning we were not able to judge increase in cases bases on the new number of positive tests due to testing results coming in from all sorts of periods.

Now we are not even able to rely on reported deaths. They should just stop saying Unfortunately we have to report xyz new number of deaths in the past 24hrs.

tetrasect

Expert Member
Can you spot the day Spain started to report the deaths only from the past 24h?
Bureaucracy is too slow for immediate reporting, I bet most of the countries are not very specific on when exactly people died...UK even couldn't keep the cause of dead right.
View attachment 935706

Those graphs always show reported deaths, not deaths on the actual day. If you wnna see deaths on the actual day you have to go to a different site, which unfortunately doesn't exist for SA...

noxibox

Honorary Master
Did you see that blogger or vlogger that Sky News mentioned - healthy 33 year old, no health problems, basically a fitness and nutrition freak.

I worked with someone, in their 20s, who just died suddenly. Turned out they had a pre-existing condition they didn't know about. No infection, fit and apparently healthy. Also very suddenly dead in under a minute.

Unless you're obese I wouldn't worry about it. Being thin isn't necessarily any healthier.