South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Lots of news about the Health Minister visiting sites and announcing the start of Phase 2, BUT nothing about the phase 2 recipients having access to the EVDS system to register?

Is this registration portal still functioning?

Lots of news about the Health Minister visiting sites and announcing the start of Phase 2, BUT nothing about the phase 2 recipients having access to the EVDS system to register?

That is supposedly coming online within the next week or so. Remember phase 2 is only going to start from the 17th May, so a bit of waiting still to go.

daveza

Honorary Master

Is this registration portal still functioning?

I remember signing on to some Covid portal - what was that all about ?

Supervan II

Expert Member
sho. when did this plant thingy happen?

Soon, like in a minimum of three months' time - there's this little thing called "Validation" that has to happen first.

Aspen opened an R1bn combined sales, marketing, distribution and manufacturing centre there back in 2018.
Not for vaccines, though. It is for SVP's (Small Volume Parenterals, i.e IMI & IVI drugs/anesthetics/etc)

Last edited:

Paulsie

Expert Member
I do now. I'm deleting my posts cos dealing with middle aged bullies is a waste of my time.
Shame, you should report him!!!!.....

How did you ever make it to being a well known member without someone offending your sensitivities??

TeMoeg

October 2020.
Seems Ivermectin used to work in Peru, but for some reason it's stopped working?

Or possibly the "research" and "conclusion" was a little premature.
According to the guy in this video (Dr. David Scheim), a new president took office in Peru in mid-November 2020, who immediately implemented an Ivermectin restrictive policy, basically banning it in the same way as was done by SAHPRA in South Africa.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
According to the guy in this video (Dr. David Scheim), a new president took office in Peru in mid-November 2020, who immediately implemented an Ivermectin restrictive policy, basically banning it in the same way as was done by SAHPRA in South Africa.

Excellent find. Is there a written report about this?

Here is the full series of videos and some written comments about the whole sad mess triggered by political interference and regulatory stupidity.

More detail to be found in the IVM thread.

Rebuttal from all the naysayers?

Last edited:

Markd

Expert Member
Excellent find. Is there a written report about this?

Here is the full series of videos and some written comments about the whole sad mess triggered by political interference and regulatory stupidity.

More detail to be found in the IVM thread.

Rebuttal from all the naysayers?

where's the official evidence that Peru stopped prescribing or administering Ivermectin? Can you also confirm the current status of early adopters of Ivermectin treatment - India - who appear to be hitting the peak of their second wave. I don't think we can just believe some random person who made some videos. We need all the evidence, or at least as much as possible.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
where's the official evidence that Peru stopped prescribing or administering Ivermectin? Can you also confirm the current status of early adopters of Ivermectin treatment - India - who appear to be hitting the peak of their second wave. I don't think we can just believe some random person who made some videos. We need all the evidence, or at least as much as possible.
NO, you are challenging the contents of the videos, YOU go and dig up the evidence that Peru did not stop the program. You are the one with the onus to prove your case.

An absolute typical response from the ones who just refuse to acknowledge evidence when it bites them on the arse.

TeMoeg

As you may know, there is currently a strict censorship applied by various government agencies, Google, YouTube and other media platforms w.r.t. the successful use of Ivermectin as a possible treatment option for Covid-19. Due to this, some health professionals calling themselves the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) now have their own website, where you will find a lot of information, videos and links to other sites:

You may also want to try alternative search engines to find something that disappeared inexplicably. W.r.t. Peru, I have heard on a radio broadcast that Afriforum also would be using the Peru case as an observational study as part of the evidence in the court case they won against SAHPRA. You may want to contact them to find the official sources of information.

Markd

Expert Member
NO, you are challenging the contents of the videos, YOU go and dig up the evidence that Peru did not stop the program. You are the one with the onus to prove your case.

An absolute typical response from the ones who just refuse to acknowledge evidence when it bites them on the arse.

So Geoff, am I right in understanding that you are just going to believe what is presented in the video? You're not going to interrogate it? You should really be doing this, in my opinion, regardless of which side of the fence you are on - for or against. You seem to have a strong bias 'for' and a strong reluctance 'against' which in any regard could make you susceptible to believing what isn't there. This video is making an assertion, and I just want to know what its based on because this information is missing.

Perhaps we can identify - you guys can probably already point me to some examples I can review - a country where Ivermectim has been readily administered to treat/prevent/prophylax COVID? Then we can review their data and see how many people are surviving relative to the rest of the world.

Paulsie

Expert Member
So Geoff, am I right in understanding that you are just going to believe what is presented in the video? You're not going to interrogate it? You should really be doing this, in my opinion, regardless of which side of the fence you are on - for or against. You seem to have a strong bias 'for' and a strong reluctance 'against' which in any regard could make you susceptible to believing what isn't there. This video is making an assertion, and I just want to know what its based on because this information is missing.

Perhaps we can identify - you guys can probably already point me to some examples I can review - a country where Ivermectim has been readily administered to treat/prevent/prophylax COVID? Then we can review their data and see how many people are surviving relative to the rest of the world.
So Markd, did you miss the previous post by TeMoeg? Plenty of data and links to studies there.
Don't be lazy and do your own research before you knock some random guy in the video.
In the meantime, stop relying on some random reports that assume ivermictin might not work, because they have not proven otherwise.

Markd

Expert Member
So Markd, did you miss the previous post by TeMoeg? Plenty of data and links to studies there.
Don't be lazy and do your own research before you knock some random guy in the video.
In the meantime, stop relying on some random reports that assume ivermictin might not work, because they have not proven otherwise.

I have and continue to do so. It seems to be quite conflicting depending on who you speak to, so I'm lead to believe that there must be some kind of conspiracy going on to silence the pro-Ivermectin group.....for some reason that isn't clear. Thats why Im looking for a country - any country - that is successfully prescribing Ivermectim and combating the disease. Where is the shining light guys? I hope I don't have to go digging around some obscure part of the internet to find that as well? Also, how can we just believe the 'random guy' in the video? The real world data is contrary to what the supposed evidence says we should be seeing and we all seem prepared to discard it because a 'random guy' made a 'random statement' in a video.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

Been there done all of that long ago. YOU are the one that needs to catch up and keep up.

Peru is that country that has gone from extremely high CFRs to low CFRs with IVM, and back again to high CFRs.

See the IVM threads for the details.

and when you have done the same amount of work on the topic as I and others have done then come back and maybe we can debate. That is if you are then still not about 6 months behind.

MiW

Expert Member
Phase 2 would target those over 60, workers aged 40 and older and those living in congregate settings such as old-age homes and prisons. Bamford said that while those with comorbidities will not be specifically targeted in this phase, she believed most will be covered by the age requirement.