South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

daveza

Honorary Master
So Mkhize is saying this is a lie - even though the variant test could take a week ?

1620114758959.png

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The answer remains the same as it always has been.
Isolate the sick, quarantine the maybe sick and protect the vulnerable.
Either ban outright ALL International travel ala AUS and NZ, or,
implement strict quarantine of ALL international travellers.
This pussyfooting around with test certificates and vaccine passports is just BS.

daveza

Honorary Master

Puren said there were many considerations experts had to weigh before taking any drastic steps in South Africa.

“I’m sure they will make an announcement soon as to whether a restriction to stop flights from India, it’s not going to be a straightforward thing.”

Ah, the unnamed 'experts' again .....

Ban all passengers from India - sounds pretty straightforward to me.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

Ah, the unnamed 'experts' again .....

Ban all passengers from India - sounds pretty straightforward to me.
It is straight forward and easy. It was always the case. Move early and move consistently. Anything short of the AUS solution is a compromise already. BUT STOP with the BS rules. The govt has had a year or more to get the health system ready and failed miserably except for a few exceptions. All they achieved was to destroy the economy.

BTW, that is NOT what the prof said! Once again poor journalism has twisted the profs words, the title of the EWN report is BS.

flytek

Until it is very clear the Indian strain can re-infect those that have already had our strain there is as usual no need to panic. Same as the Easter third wave...much apanic about nothing.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
We are Number 2! :love:

Quick print some t-shirts!
From a news24 article, talking about Australia's vax rollout:

The conservative prime minister faces re-election in the next 12 months, and had hoped Australia's relatively successful handling of the pandemic would propel him to victory.

But the India travel ban and a glacial vaccine rollout have prompted criticism. Australia has administered 2.2 million vaccine doses out of a population of 25 million people

Glacial? What the **** do they call SA's rollout?

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Blows my head how so called experts and media have already dammed the country to the next wave. Swine!