South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

Can't read beyond the two paragraphs (not giving money to Beijing24) but certain MAC advisors seem to be alarmist. It looks like if any additional regulations are introduced it won't be on the domestic front but rather international.

Last edited:

Brawler

Honorary Master
10,500 vaccines a day. at this rate phase 2 is only going to start at the end of June
I am very concerned we can't scale up. Perhaps private will be able to but government, mmm.
Even for healthcare workers, there is a 3-hour queue 100's of meters long at the best and most well-resourced public hospital in the country.

Edit: And that's with pleeeeeeeeenty of time we had last year and this year to prepare while we waited for our stock.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I am very concerned we can't scale up. Perhaps private will be able to but government, mmm.
Even for healthcare workers, there is a 3-hour queue 100's of meters long at the best and most well-resourced public hospital in the country.
Private always steps in, couriers, security, schools, hospitals, hell they've got to come in to fix the potholes and be pointsmen.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
You guys must read this by the former Pfizer Vice President. He's been 32 years in the industry and is spelling out something quite disturbing.

EXCLUSIVE - Former Pfizer VP: ‘Your government is lying to you in a way that could lead to your death.’
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/e...to-you-in-a-way-that-could-lead-to-your-death

Dr. Michael Yeadon, Pfizer's former Vice President and Chief Scientist for Allergy & Respiratory who spent 32 years in the industry leading new medicines research and retired from the pharmaceutical giant with “the most senior research position” in his field, spoke with LifeSiteNews in a telephone interview.

daveza

Honorary Master

Broadly speaking, the argument Yeadon made to caution against vaccines is based on conclusions which the passage of time has already exposed as woefully misguided. Narrowly speaking, however, the claim that a former “Chief Scientist” or “Vice President” of Pfizer made these vaccine skeptical comments is “Mostly False” because Yeadon, while being employed by Pfizer, never held such a senior position at the company.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
You guys must read this by the former Pfizer Vice President. He's been 32 years in the industry and is spelling out something quite disturbing.

EXCLUSIVE - Former Pfizer VP: ‘Your government is lying to you in a way that could lead to your death.’
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/e...to-you-in-a-way-that-could-lead-to-your-death

Dr. Michael Yeadon, Pfizer's former Vice President and Chief Scientist for Allergy & Respiratory who spent 32 years in the industry leading new medicines research and retired from the pharmaceutical giant with “the most senior research position” in his field, spoke with LifeSiteNews in a telephone interview.
This guy has been debunked so many times.

neoprema

Executive Member
We're slow but apparently pvt sector is involved in Phase 2 right? So theoretically we should see a boost in the no of vaccines per day. Discovery seems to be full steam ahead planning for May 17th, and i spoke to a pharmacy the other day who said they've registered to receive their allotment for Phase 2. So hopefully we kick this thing into overdrive big time.

twr

Expert Member
We're slow but apparently pvt sector is involved in Phase 2 right? So theoretically we should see a boost in the no of vaccines per day. Discovery seems to be full steam ahead planning for May 17th, and i spoke to a pharmacy the other day who said they've registered to receive their allotment for Phase 2. So hopefully we kick this thing into overdrive big time.
Yeah the clicks in la Lucia kzn had a few chairs out "waiting are for covid vaccines" so they are ready

Correct. I expect a big increase once general rollout begins