South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

Paulsie

Expert Member
Like it's ok for the government to eavesdrop on your cell phone, cause if you have nothing to hide then it doesn't matter.

The attitudes in this country towards civil liberties distresses and saddens me.
Yeah, being OK with eavesdropping because you have nothing to hide is like being OK with no freedom of speech because you have nothing to say.

neoprema

Executive Member
I hope all this talk of we must consider lockdowns and and for the 3rd wave is someone's way of buying time for another botched-up start date of vaccinations, cause i'll be really !@!##.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Dropped again to 5.9% positivity rate, so it's going down slowly again. Wonder if the 3rd wave is over?

quovadis

Executive Member
Dropped again to 5.9% positivity rate, so it's going down slowly again. Wonder if the 3rd wave is over?
Premature imho - Wait for mid-to-late June / July before calling that.

Last edited:

Rosaudio

First Officer
Today's cases figures will be the big number to see which way things are going.

Currently sitting on +47% week on week.

now05ster

Expert Member
Yes last Monday.
I had 5 minutes of shivers on Monday night and mild hangover on Tuesday and that's it.
It's really knocked me. It feels like I have flu. Had to go to dr for sick note.

Naturally she said it's an indication of a good immune response. No tinfoil hat necessary.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
It's really knocked me. It feels like I have flu. Had to go to dr for sick note.

Naturally she said it's an indication of a good immune response. No tinfoil hat necessary.
What if you have the flu? Oh wait, you have a positive test, so it must be covid, yes?

In all the years your doctor told you that you came down with the flu, did you ever go for a test to confirm that it actually was the flu?

Lupus

Honorary Master
What if you have the flu? Oh wait, you have a positive test, so it must be covid, yes?

In all the years your doctor told you that you came down with the flu, did you ever go for a test to confirm that it actually was the flu?
For me once, 2009. Knocked me for a six, lungs took months to get back to normal.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I'm just gatvol being fscked around by our ANC government.
Listening to Zweli earlier today, there's hardly any tone of reassurance coming from him. Just a "buckle up" warning, as he knows that South Africans are again going to have it hard because his cadres literally bring it upon us.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Me mum in law down in the Cape cannot get vaccine as she has no SA ID, so we looking at bringing her up to NAM for a jab.....

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
When you recover naturally without any symptoms,THAT is an indication of good immune response.

Incorrect.

Your immune system activating causes the fever and aches and pains.
These two posts illustrate just how diverse the understanding is about how the immune system works, how viruses and Bacteria invade, then infect our bodies and cells an ultimately how Science thinks vaccines work.