South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

Paulsie

Expert Member
Incorrect.

Your immune system activating causes the fever and aches and pains.
Ok, I was being considerate....
It's really knocked me. It feels like I have flu. Had to go to dr for sick note.

Naturally she said it's an indication of a good immune response. No tinfoil hat necessary.
Had covid, it's really knocked me, felt like I have the flu. Had to go to Dr for sick note.

Naturally she said it's an indication of a good immune response.

Better?

Paulsie

Expert Member
These two posts illustrate just how diverse the understanding is about how the immune system works, how viruses and Bacteria invade, then infect our bodies and cells an ultimately how Science thinks vaccines work.
I was taking a piss..

JOEY_8

I see the Cape Town Guy is catching it on Twitter. He deleted all of his tweets now but he managed to get the vaccine ahead of everyone else. Very unfair since there are people over 60 still on the waiting list and he isn't a Healthcare worker.

1620898874789.png

I see the Cape Town Guy is catching it on Twitter. He deleted all of his tweets now but he managed to get the vaccine ahead of everyone else. Very unfair since there are people over 60 still on the waiting list and he isn't a Healthcare worker.

View attachment 1067655
Yes, he had a whole News24 article about him;

Creag

The Boar's Rock

COVID-19 temporarily closes two Gauteng schools​

Thursday, May 13, 2021
Academic activities at Krugersdorp High School and St John’s College in Gauteng have been suspended.
This comes after 11 cases of Coronavirus were reported in Krugersdorp High School, while six were detected at St John’s College.
“These cases were immediately requested to go into self-isolation,” said Gauteng Department of Education (GDE) spokesperson, Steve Mabona.
According to Mabona, the temporary closure of the schools is effective from Wednesday, 12 May to Monday, 17 May.
Meanwhile, the Department of Health and GDE School Health Teams will conduct contact tracing and tracking at schools across Gauteng.
“This ensures that we are kept abreast of the occurrence of COVID-19 cases and that we swiftly attend to those which we identify,” Mabona said. – SAnews.gov.za

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
So Phase 2 of Vaccination is suppose to start on Monday 17th May, which is in 4 days. Has anybody heard anything since registering on the Government portal. I mean surely by now they must be able to tell some people to go to X spot on Monday to receive the first vaccines? Are they just going to SMS bomb people on Sunday night or worse, let Monday pass without a single person getting vaccinated?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
So Phase 2 of Vaccination is suppose to start on Monday 17th May, which is in 4 days. Has anybody heard anything since registering on the Government portal. I mean surely by now they must be able to tell some people to go to X spot on Monday to receive the first vaccines? Are they just going to SMS bomb people on Sunday night or worse, let Monday pass without a single person getting vaccinated?
A govt stooge stated on TV that the roll out is going to slip by at least a week.

quovadis

Executive Member
Most likely they will send out a notification with a link to schedule an appointment at a site and then go from there.

The Western Cape Department of Health (probably the best run DoH as it isn't run by the ANC) says they will be visiting old-age homes next week. The 33 900 vaccines are the WC portion of the first tranch of the Pfizer vaccines. Should be receiving 33 900 every week until end of May and then this allocation is doubled as Pfizer doubles its deliveries in June.

Our key focus next week will be to use the first tranche of 33 900 vaccines available to us to vaccinate those registered in Old Age homes across the Western Cape. This will be done at Old Age Homes, on-site. Some 17 000 people living in Old Age homes have already registered and are on the database.

We will also focus on vaccinating remaining healthcare workers using the Pfizer vaccine as part of phase 1b – as the Sisonke trial will have come to an end.

We will also bring online an initial set of vaccination sites where a smaller number of registered residents over the age of 60 will be invited to get their vaccine. This smaller number, initially, will allow us to properly check the systems we have put in place so that we can ensure an efficient scale-up of numbers by the end of the month.

This is scale-up approach is critical so that we have an orderly, dignified process and that no person – especially someone who is in a high-risk category – has to experience poor service.

On this point, it is very important that you do not go to a vaccination site unless you have officially been invited to come for your vaccine.

So, when will you start receiving these SMSs confirming your date and vaccination site?

Because of the focus on vaccinating Old Age Homes on-site next week, and our plan to bring vaccination sites online in a gradual way, the overwhelming majority of people who have registered should start getting the SMSs in the next two to three weeks. This will coincide with the scale-up that we expect by the end of the month.

The plan remains to complete vaccinations of those 60 years and older by the end of June.

Brawler

Honorary Master
It's really knocked me. It feels like I have flu. Had to go to dr for sick note.

Naturally she said it's an indication of a good immune response. No tinfoil hat necessary.
Sorry to hear that.
Funny enough everyone I know who was vaccinated this week is man down.

surface

Honorary Master
These two posts illustrate just how diverse the understanding is about how the immune system works, how viruses and Bacteria invade, then infect our bodies and cells an ultimately how Science thinks vaccines work.
As a non-medical person, I enjoy the fascinating duel of these 2 medical experts. No doubt there are many on myBB as we are a blessed forum.

krycor

Honorary Master
Yes, he had a whole News24 article about him;

Lots of drama thats completely unnecessary to be frank. I see the DA is doing the usual **** stirring up north albeit the issue of long lines in Gauteng is entirely due to people being morons despite apparently being healthcare workers.

Ie they go there with no appointment, they take family with and then want the family or parent to be vaccinated etc. you know the usual entitled **** seen and reported when this trial started but like hyped.

I have to question why many left till last minute dot com.. I mean healthcare workers in my family followed the procedure.. and got vaccinated in the 1st few weeks.

Wrt what’s coming on Monday.. I think a lot more stupid people taking elderly to vaccination sites without bothering to register and the DA will blame the government again albeit a stupidity issue. Ie the persons going there without an appointment is a dumb ass.

Btw I reckon they haven’t updated people on whether or not they can go to sites yet because .. **drum roll** moronic and idiot hospitals(gov) and hospital & groups(private) etc “claim” they have the right stuff for vaccination but in actual fact won’t have it. So I foresee a lot of scrambling when gov arrives with stock and they realize what’s claimed and what’s there is different.

This is gonna be a **** show I’m telling you now and people are gonna bitch about gov.. but let me be the 1st one to tell you where the blame actually lies.. hospital administrators who don’t know a fridge from a freezer let alone what’s required or for how long.

It’s coming .. and I’m gonna lmao at people blaming gov when I know and have heard “superior” dumb people who don’t know what they need to distribute vaccines. Just remember.. Pfizer has been on the cards along with J&J as a definite use in SA since last year.. so when that private hospital down the road blames gov.. please do laugh and ask them bluntly why they were not ordering the right equipment.

BrrIan

I see the there's a lack of critical thinking. Labs don't operate at full capacity over weekend periods and like all humans alot has to do with the pace of a work week and human nature in terms of seeking assistance or testing.
That must be why the authorities and various media outlets commonly trumpet the apparently high numbers that are actually the results from multiple days.

You’re supposed to have appointments set up - would be interesting to know if they had them or just tried their luck.
Are they running the standard government hospital appointment system? That's basically arrive very early and wait for several hours.

quovadis

Executive Member
Are they running the standard government hospital appointment system? That's basically arrive very early and wait for several hours.
The bookings system I'm familiar with doesn't appear to be. You book a 2 hr slot on a specific day and then compete with people arriving whenever they feel like as it doesn't appear to be policed at all.