South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

noxibox

Honorary Master
What ever happened to the hotspot system, the coastal towns got hit with higher lockdowns over Dec, but now its Gauteng you don't hear about it
Even if the system worked, and it should if lockdowns work, it is unlikely they'd allow an area controlled by the DA to continue as is while locking down an area the ANC controls. They demonstrated this twice in 2020.

Brontosaurus

Expert Member
So a travel agency near me is offering a Vaxcation to Zimbabwe for about R10k. Includes 2 return flights, airport taxes et al.

I'm seriously considering it. Problem is I do not want the Sinovac vaccine; it's basically saline at this point and this is one of the vaccines they offer.

Rather sad that Zim are doing a better job than we are at getting their people vaccinated.

Jetty

So a travel agency near me is offering a Vaxcation to Zimbabwe for about R10k. Includes 2 return flights, airport taxes et al.

I'm seriously considering it. Problem is I do not want the Sinovac vaccine; it's basically saline at this point and this is one of the vaccines they offer.

Rather sad that Zim are doing a better job than we are at getting their people vaccinated.
Can you please PM travel agency details to me ?

Sinovac is also not my 1st choice but its better than nothing...

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Can you please PM travel agency details to me ?

Sinovac is also not my 1st choice but its better than nothing...
Now that is a very stupid approach. There are only 3 vaccines in the World at the moment with ANY credible evidence and a reasonable amount of backing to even dream about taking.

Pfizer, J&J and AZ.

The rest are NOT on the list and there is no way anyone should be settling for second best out of panic.

And anything from China is completely out of the question. I will NOT reward those bastards by taking their version of salt water.

Last edited:
Now that is a very stupid approach. There are only 3 vaccines in the World at the moment with ANY credible evidence and a reasonable amount of baking to even dream about taking.

Pfizer, J&J and AZ.

The rest are NOT on the list and there is no way anyone should be setting for second best out of panic.

And anything from China is completely out of the question. I will NOT reward those bastards by taking their version of salt water.
What about Moderna?