South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

animal531

Expert Member
And just like, out of pure coincidence, Gauteng reaches a peak two weeks after lockdown commences. It's almost like lockdown slows the infection rate. Crazy!

You know, I'd really like to believe it. But then I go to the shops for the essentials and see a random grocery lady sneezing all over the produce, approximately 20-45% of people showing their noses and scratching their faces, other people talking on their phones or eating something etc.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
You know, I'd really like to believe it. But then I go to the shops for the essentials and see a random grocery lady sneezing all over the produce, approximately 20-45% of people showing their noses and scratching their faces, other people talking on their phones or eating something etc.
Yeah, you know crackdowns do ****all, right? I mean they cripple economies and bring about a multitude of social problems as a consequence, but they do ****all as far as covid directly is concerned.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master

daveza

Honorary Master

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I'm very curious to find out whose fault it is.
Hilarious!

1. The goal is to achieve "herd Immunity" -- Assumption is that such a level of immunity is achievable against SARS-COV-2.
2. The value determined by some or other smoke and mirrors exercise, (calculation not in the public domain), is 67% which equates to 40.3 million people.
3. Our vaccine rollout is way behind schedule with mutations outstripping the rollout. (4 million doses so far - note NOT 4 million fully vaccinated).

But it is okay now to accuse someone who is vaccinating people, not on the official list of making a mistake?

At least Dr Crisp got it right this morning in his presentation ---- he is not going to waste time trying to work out why some "ineligible" people are getting through but rather on speeding up the rollout.

Botha22

Anyone have full access to this article and can share some info on it please?

I think with vaccination registrations opening for 35+ group from 15 July and the rest shortly after, there is not much point in wasting resources policing this.

Gamer

Expert Member
I'm curious to see what that article says as my wife and I probably fall in the category of persons (being ineligible but still got vaccinated).
I know the reason why we were able to get vaccinated even though we're under 50, but I'd love to see what article says versus my side of the story.