South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yes, problem is these riots are either just going to flood the hospitals or cause infections to skyrocket
Or not doing anything at all? How many of those numbers do you think are actually people from townships? Half the time most of them wouldn't go to the doctor with the sniffles.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
And to De Villiers and EP rugby players:

After a month's struggle, another casualty:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The penalty of failing to understand the dangers of a contact sport in the face of an epidemic. An inevitable outcome. As tragic as it is, it is hard to have any sympathy.

TPants

The penalty of failing to understand the dangers of a contact sport in the face of an epidemic. An inevitable outcome. As tragic as it is, it is hard to have any sympathy.
Are you referring to the president of the rugby club whom is most likely to be in an administrative role somehow being exposed to contact within this sport?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Are you referring to the president of the rugby club whom is most likely to be in an administrative role somehow being exposed to contact within this sport?
The entire idea that during an epidemic that contact sports can even be contemplated makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Everyone involved is at risk, the more transmissible the virus is the higher the risk.

I can not even begin to understand why anyone cant see why it is a problem.

TPants

The entire idea that during an epidemic that contact sports can even be contemplated makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Everyone involved is at risk, the more transmissible the virus is the higher the risk.

So the entire industry should claim TERS or how else would they be able to support themselves.

Again wishing ill on someone not even involved in playing the sport and probably sits in an office is the same mentatility these protestors have. I actually thought better of you.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Not wishing ill on anyone. Just pointing out that you reap what you sow. And if you don't want to see the logic of NOT doing or being involved in high-risk activities during an epidemic, so be it.
Most of them are overpaid anyway. Much more able to handle no income than the rest of us.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Neither De Villiers or Rademan were playing contact sport you bloody muppet.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master

You don't understand a lot of things.

The study ultimately found that no match officials tested positive for COVID-19. Even more important, the transmission of COVID in an outdoor environment appears to be very low despite frequent close encounters during match play with other infected players.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
You don't understand a lot of things.

Ja sure. The study was done to please the industry. Explain why so many are down now with Covid?

I understand much better than you and the industry does.

This virus is AIRBORNE! It does NOT follow those trumped-up WHO rules about how it spreads. It NEVER followed those rules. It was too clever to read the WHO rule book.

The more people in close proximity with each other over long periods the higher the risk. Simple clean and completely factual.
The study was done on the ASSUMPTION that it is spread by droplets and contact with those droplets BEFORE the little bugger mutated and became the Delta variant. Those studies are therefore now completely and utterly USELESS.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Ja sure. The study was done to please the industry. Explain why so many are down now with Covid?

I understand much better.

This virus is AIRBORNE! It does NOt follow those trumped-up WHO rules about how it spreads. The more people in close proximity with each other over long periods the higher the risk. Simple clean and completely factual.
Selective reader.

You can't pick and choose to discard facts when they don't suit your (in this case) quite simplistic and naive worldview.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
The more people in close proximity with each other over long periods the higher the risk. Simple clean and completely factual.
The rugby study explicitely takes note of this and produces results that show the players are not actually in contact for longe periods of time.

However, I won't engage further on this, you may insert your head back into the hole you took it momentarily out of.