South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Lupus is under the delusion that the actuaries at SAMRC who calculate excess deaths thumb suck a number each week. He doesn't get that when they use the word estimate it is simply because they account for reporting delays. He also ignore the fact that the recent statssa mid-year population report correlates virtually perfectly with the excess death numbers.

He seems to think this whole thing is a hoax and no one is actually dying
The actual total thumb suck is the BS official death figure.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
I am still afraid tbh.

A girl on Tiktok in her late 20s was placed on a ventilator.She did recover but it is still scary.

It is like there isn't a pattern to covid.

A friend of mine lost a family member to covid & he was in late 30s

What happened to all the crap they initially told us? , "it only affects old people & people with health conditions".

None of the people I mentioned have underlying conditions.
There's REAL people on Tiktok ?

Jola

Honorary Master
A close relative died from covid recently, and the hospital put "Natural Causes" on the Death Certificate as the cause of death.

So, based on my experience, the official covid death figure my well be understated. I don't know how common this practice of hiding the covid cause of death is.

R13...

Honorary Master
A close relative died from covid recently, and the hospital put "Natural Causes" on the Death Certificate as the cause of death.

So, based on my experience, the covid death figure my well be understated.
That's because a cert. will say either natural or unnatural cause. The details are covered elsewhere.

daveza

Honorary Master
Actually it still is a disease that effects re elderly worse, they just happen to be the ones who got vaccines first in most places, hence they are now better protected.
Apparently tax payers aren't a priority

We have paid more tax than you !

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
That's because a cert. will say either natural or unnatural cause. The details are covered elsewhere.
Deaths are first and foremost classified as "Natural" or "Unnatural".
THEN each group is further classified.
Just shows how little most people know about any damn thing these days.

Lupus

Honorary Master

So, based on my experience, the official covid death figure my well be understated. I don't know how common this practice of hiding the covid cause of death is.
That's because deaths are done that way normally?

Speedster

Honorary Master
So they are estimating it by the justification of the under registration of deaths and apparently people not on the population register?
Yes, in short. They know what factor to adjust the number by to account for the under registration of deaths and undocumented individuals. Basic actuarial adjustments.