South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

krycor

Honorary Master
Vaccines or not, Discovery is well known for shifting the goalposts along the way. And never for the benefit of the other party.
Vitality points for sports and activity? Been slashed down to nothing and is still being adjusted every year. Downwards.
Regardless of what one does, they will always recoup costs in the end.

I just killed their card too.. vitality now requires card levels for airline discount. I don’t go to gym as I bought things for home, treadmill this month so.. bye bye.

I told the card people the same as I told investment people years ago.. for financial products, you want certainty with interest charged/paid/gained.. so gamification with goal posts that change annually for product that last longer is not good.

harties

noxibox

Honorary Master
Vaccines or not, Discovery is well known for shifting the goalposts along the way. And never for the benefit of the other party.
Vitality points for sports and activity? Been slashed down to nothing and is still being adjusted every year. Downwards.
Regardless of what one does, they will always recoup costs in the end.
If you look at how they work now they’ve switched from focussing on the Vitality level to pushing people to buy multiple products from them. But even before that it was obvious the exercise and other targets were being set to make it harder for people to achieve them rather than being based on what was actually best in terms exercise, etc.

The only thing customers can do if they’re stuck with the company is game the system.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master

Another fit middle-aged person killed by the flu.
I really do hope they can one day definitively pinpoint the indicators of what makes one more susceptible to a bad outcome from covid. Beyond lifestyle choices I mean, so what are the genetic markers that makes one high risk despite being "fit" and "healthy" by appearance.

flytek

Often it is a kyk Noord en fak voord attitude that turns flu into pneuonia and then death even in the supposedly young and healthy

now05ster

Expert Member
I just killed their card too.. vitality now requires card levels for airline discount. I don’t go to gym as I bought things for home, treadmill this month so.. bye bye.
Card levels? I still get 44% for local flights and I'm a plebeian (Gold card).

I'm on Silver Money level with Diamond Vitality status for what it's worth. Vitality is still a complicated affair for me.

Lupus

Honorary Master
How is being fit relevant?

Also influenza does kill people in their 40s.
No don't bring that up, the flu does not kill people, I mean it's not like there was an incident in 1918 that it caused, or 1957 and 1967. Remember the flu is a nothing disease, it's harmless.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Still can't believe people don't know that there is no real mass testing going on, they think because there are testing stations setup at townships or hotspots that's mass testing.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Still can't believe people don't know that there is no real mass testing going on, they think because there are testing stations setup at townships or hotspots that's mass testing.

Mass testing made sense when the number of cases was 1:10,000 and the aim was to prevent the first wave. Now almost everyone has been exposed at some time or other, so symptomatic testing makes better use of resources.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Mass testing made sense when the number of cases was 1:10,000 and the aim was to prevent the first wave. Now almost everyone has been exposed at some time or other, so symptomatic testing makes better use of resources.
Yup and even then it wasn't 100% mass testing.

Yup and even then it wasn't 100% mass testing.

Yeah, SA's approach is far more sensible than many Western countries who think mass testing somehow helps - it doesn't. The UK has one of the highest (if not the highest) testing per capita in the world. That didn't really help them. Sometimes the UK carries out more daily tests than the EU combined. Lots of testing companies are getting fantastically rich off this.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Mass testing never made any sense whatsoever.