South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

Ghost64

Expert Member
Time for the NICD the start reporting separately, tests for vaxxed and unvaxxed. I mean we need to keep the hype going somehow.
The last stat I saw for the UK was 40% positive tests for the vaccinated, they average 40000 cases a day.

cr@zydude

Executive Member

RiaX

Expert Member

Let's be honest who'd vaccinate for Bafana Bafana?

Just rent out your vaccine card for a quick buck.

That was another problem we faced. The vaccine cards were being stolen and sold so people can forge they took the vaccine. Proudly South African :D

SAguy

Executive Member
Why is it so complicated to get a Covid test?

First to find a place there's no consolidated list of testing stations anywhere, you end up on different websites for every test provider. Then you gotta assume their websites are up to date.

Then you also need a damn referral letter from your GP to get a test done. So now I've gotta pay a GP just to get his bloody piece of paper saying I want to get tested.

Absolute load of horseshyte... Just let me get tested ffs.

Definitely contributes to numbers being much higher than stats indicate, it's a mission to go get a test.

R13...

Honorary Master
Why is it so complicated to get a Covid test?

First to find a place there's no consolidated list of testing stations anywhere, you end up on different websites for every test provider. Then you gotta assume their websites are up to date.

Then you also need a damn referral letter from your GP to get a test done. So now I've gotta pay a GP just to get his bloody piece of paper saying I want to get tested.

Absolute load of horseshyte... Just let me get tested ffs.

Definitely contributes to numbers being much higher than stats indicate, it's a mission to go get a test.
The drive thrus don't ask for a referral. Same pricing as everywhere else.

SAguy

Executive Member
The drive thrus don't ask for a referral. Same pricing as everywhere else.
I called the drive through at century city, they require doctors referral. Their website states the same.

R13...

Honorary Master
I called the drive through at century city, they require doctors referral. Their website states the same.
Tell them you are travelling or it's for work. I have tested multiple times for work purposes without needing a referral but I'm in JHB. There is a mobile test station on the N1/M1 in Midrand where Takealot have their collection point in case you want to try this side of the world.

zoozi

Expert Member
Due for second Pfizer dose tomorrow, the gap between my doses is 7 weeks.
UK suggests 8 weeks is the sweet spot
Other studies suggest 12 week gap might be even better and negate the need for a booster shot.

The vaccine antibodies wear off after 5-6 months, how much does 12 weeks over 7/8 weeks extend this by, any data?
Think it's worth waiting the extra 37 days or so?

Mirai

Expert Member
Due for second Pfizer dose tomorrow, the gap between my doses is 7 weeks.
UK suggests 8 weeks is the sweet spot
Other studies suggest 12 week gap might be even better and negate the need for a booster shot.

The vaccine antibodies wear off after 5-6 months, how much does 12 weeks over 7/8 weeks extend this by, any data?
Think it's worth waiting the extra 37 days or so?

I would stick to the recommended guidelines.