South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

I doubt they plan to ever drop the curfew.

It's weird...tourism makes up a sizable part of SA's GDP and employment yet they don't realise many tourists will get frustrated with nonsense like the curfew. Mask-wearing is not ideal but many European countries still have it so I can't see that preventing tourists coming to SA.

buchanan8

It's weird...tourism makes up a sizable part of SA's GDP and employment yet they don't realise many tourists will get frustrated with nonsense like the curfew. Mask-wearing is not ideal but many European countries still have it so I can't see that preventing tourists coming to SA.
The ANC are addicted to the curfew. Ramaphosa even said at the last "family meeting" that the 'curfew is important' - without explaining further. Sadly most people in this country just accept it. Even though there is obviously currently zero justification for it. It's their favourite control mechanism to show they're in charge. It's actually disgusting that it continues.

R13...

Honorary Master
The ANC are addicted to the curfew. Ramaphosa even said at the last "family meeting" that the 'curfew is important' - without explaining further. Sadly most people in this country just accept it. Even though there is obviously currently zero justification for it. It's their favourite control mechanism to show they're in charge. It's actually disgusting that it continues.
the curfew but even here people thought the curfew more effective than banning alcohol for prevent all those ERs getting overrun with drunks who stab each other, fight, get in car accidents etc.

Reactions: air

buchanan8

the curfew but even here people thought the curfew more effective than banning alcohol for prevent all those ERs getting overrun with drunks who stab each other, fight, get in car accidents etc.
Why have a curfew now when new cases and hospital admissions are at an all time low?
Why impose an anti-constitution, totalitarian collective punishment on all law-abiding citizens because the police are too useless to police drunk driving, general crime, etc.

nivek

Executive Member
Might as well let people get drunk and stab each other now while covid numbers are low

surface

Honorary Master
Why have a curfew now when new cases and hospital admissions are at an all time low?
Why impose an anti-constitution, totalitarian collective punishment on all law-abiding citizens because the police are too useless to police drunk driving, general crime, etc.
Careful, we are watching you from totalitarian tower.

flytek

Hardly a big deal unless you big into clubbing and partying...
Sure no big deal freedom of movement is being curtailed for no reason whatsoever. There is no excuse for being this accepting of dumb laws whatsoever....none...except outright stupidity.
What if your gf wants a chockie before she gives you a bj at 2am...oh sorry some idiots supported dumb laws from idiotic politicians cause it doesn't affect them...oh wait.

Ghost64

Expert Member
Sure no big deal freedom of movement is being curtailed for no reason whatsoever. There is no excuse for being this accepting of dumb laws whatsoever....none...except outright stupidity.
What if your gf wants a chockie before she gives you a bj at 2am...oh sorry some idiots supported dumb laws from idiotic politicians cause it doesn't affect them...oh wait.
I can see how that would be inconvenient. Lolzzz
The state of disaster won’t be lifted, I don’t think any country in the world has lifted theirs. The curfew is ok imo...

flytek

You probably also think everyone and everything recording and storing your personal data for their profit is ok too hey? Rights to privacy are so last century and the constitution is as good as what google determines it to be?

Will you be fine if the cANCer wants your left pinkie to keep everyone safe. You don't really need that pinkie do you? One little finger is ok if there is no excuse but they ask down the barrel of a gun...

Last edited:

buchanan8

What a simp you have to be to spout garbage like 'Err it's not a big deal...why do you need to be out at those times...or have freedom of movement anyway...'

buchanan8

I can see how that would be inconvenient. Lolzzz
The state of disaster won’t be lifted, I don’t think any country in the world has lifted theirs. The curfew is ok imo...
I love the curfew too. After all it's for our own good. :thumbsup: