South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

Dave

Honorary Master
In the absense of quotes the post above provides context

No, it doesn't really, if you aren't quoting it's normal to presume you are replying to the post immediately prior to yours, and I struggle to think you'd be referring to your team mate Paulie.

Paulsie

Expert Member
No, it doesn't really, if you aren't quoting it's normal to presume you are replying to the post immediately prior to yours, and I struggle to think you'd be referring to your team mate Paulie.
Nope, it's not me who's supposed to be the clueless zealot. It's referring to the editor I'm afraid. Sorry to get your hopes up.

flytek

You need to chill you’re most likely going to have an aneurysm.
That article is outdated BS from a clueless zealot or do you actually still think herd immunity will be reached by 70% vaccination or whatever and that only the vaccinated have protection not the previously infected?

Paulsie

Expert Member
A significant early finding in this analysis is the much shorter average length of stay of 2.8 days for SARS-CoV-2 positive patients admitted to the COVID wards over the last two weeks compared to an average length of stay of 8.5 days for the past 18 months. The NICD reports a similar shorter length of stay for all hospitals in Tshwane in its weekly report. It is also less than the Gauteng or National average length of stay reported by the NICD in previous waves.

In summary, the first impression on examination of the 166 patients admitted since the Omicron variant made an appearance, together with the snapshot of the clinical profile of 42 patients currently in the COVID wards at the SBAH/TDH complex, is that the majority of hospital admissions are for diagnoses unrelated to COVID-19. The SARS-CoV-2 positivity is an incidental finding in these patients and is largely driven by hospital policy requiring testing of all patients requiring admission to the hospital.
Quite a detailed breakdown of hospitalizations in PTA. Encouraging news so far.

semaphore

Honorary Master
That article is outdated BS from a clueless zealot or do you actually still think herd immunity will be reached by 70% vaccination or whatever and that only the vaccinated have protection not the previously infected?
This just proves my point, I was actually saying you need to calm down in general I never said anything about any article you’re just on a rampage attacking everyone.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master

Lupus

Honorary Master
How come then, the ewn news on 702 yesterday morning, said the capital city was in turmoil, and painted a picture that suggested SBAH was on the brink of collapse due to the mass influx of covid patients?
Media media