South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

flytek

Nah, I don't get triggered by pseudointellectual conspiracy nutjobs.
Classy. Playing the man and talking ****. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I just don't fall for mass hysteria like the zealots.
I'm not a believer in 5g, nanobots, grand global conspiracies or any of those things. I just am not jouning your hysterical religion no matter how many names you call me fvcktard.

maumau

Honorary Master
Classy. Playing the man and talking ****. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I just don't fall for mass hysteria like the zealots.
I'm not a believer in 5g, nanobots, grand global conspiracies or any of those things. I just am not jouning your hysterical religion no matter how many names you call me fvcktard.

LOL at fvcktard :laugh:

Dave

Honorary Master
Nope, it's not me who's supposed to be the clueless zealot. It's referring to the editor I'm afraid. Sorry to get your hopes up.

I did say I doubt it was you, it seems Flying on Tik hasn't got the hang of using a forum yet ;)

flytek

What Dave, you don't think making a big dent in the global economy and putting half the planet under curfew/lockdown to stop the spread actually did anything usefull do you? If so what did it achieve? The whole thing was driven by people being scared of catching covid which took a year before the vaccines could provide any safety. During that first year almost nothing stopped people catching it except self isolation. In SA's case alpha and beta had infected who they could and died out before vaccines were on the cards. By the time the masses were able to get them delta had infected another large portion. We would have all been way better off if the high risk had self isolated and the rest carried on as normal. Mass hysteria driven by fear, panic and mass media did not do us a favour on average. So many livelihoods have been destroyed for no gain except perhaps at wave peaks there might have been an extra few hospital beds available.

daveza

Honorary Master
Was just looking at around 12 months ago - were alcohol sales banned and gatherings really prohibited over New Year ?

44. (1) The sale, dispensing, and distribution of liquor-
(a) for off-site consumption; and
(b) for on-site consumption, is prohibited.

(3) All social gatherings, including faith-based gatherings are prohibited for two weeks, after which this provision will be reviewed.

tetrasect

Expert Member
FF8Iz9gXMAILLhy.jpg

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Oh lookit. 9 deaths yesterday from the 'vid. WTF? Why is there still a state of disaster? Why are there still things like curfews in place? What the **** is going on? This makes even less sense than the flip flop long sleeve shirt cooked chicken crap.

rvZA

Executive Member
Seems we are being prepared....

Six different Covid boosters safely increase immunity after 2 doses of Pfizer or AstraZeneca​

Six different Covid-19 vaccine booster shots are safe and build a strong immune response in people who have had two doses of the AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccines, according to a new study.

The United Kingdom-based study published in The Lancet assessed immune response rather than protection against infection or severe disease.

The study enrolled 2 878 adults aged 30 years and older who were fully vaccinated with either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca shots. The participants were divided into groups. The first group received Novavax; half a dose of the Novavax and AstraZeneca; or the quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MenACWY).

vatie

Is this just FUD ? Seems to be in contrast to all these reports of mild disease, but that was last week

EDIT: Probably just clickbait

Last edited:

rvZA

Executive Member
Is this just FUD ? Seems to be in contrast to all these reports of mild disease, but that was last week

Fake news some media outlets tried to peddle 4 days ago. Here is what Ramaphosa said 2 days ago:

HOSPITAL ADMISSIONS NOT INCREASING AT ALARMING RATE, SAYS RAMPHOSA​

President Cyril Ramaphosa said the health minister has informed him that the increasing cases of COVID-19 have not led to an alarming increase in hospitalisations.

The president, who is on a state visit to Accra, Ghana, briefed reporters about the developments while replying to questions regarding the travel bans imposed on South Africa by developed economies due to the recently discovered omicron variant.

Ramaphosa sought to allay fears of possible heightened dangers of the Omicron variant by sharing the contents of his regular briefings with Health Minister Joe Phaahla.

He said Phaahla told him that while the variant appears more transmissible, hospital admissions tell a different story.

Infections are soaring. But in virtually all instances it is mild with no hospitalization required or deaths occurring. This is the virus that will end Covid-19.

vatie

Fake news some media outlets tried to peddle 4 days ago. Here is what Ramaphosa said 2 days ago:

HOSPITAL ADMISSIONS NOT INCREASING AT ALARMING RATE, SAYS RAMPHOSA​

Ah good, yeah I was confused because I looked at the hospitilisation stats and could not see anything crazy like reported in that article.

rvZA

Executive Member
Ah good, yeah I was confused because I looked at the hospitilisation stats and could not see anything crazy like reported in that article.

This article appeared in a few fake news peddler sites, including News24. I suspect that the ANC may be moving towards another lockdown to collapse the economy further. This article is probably part of the fear tactics they intend to use. There is no physical hospitalizations or deaths increases, so they will likely use fear to justify the lockdown.

vatie

This article appeared in a few fake news peddler sites, including News24. I suspect that the ANC may be moving towards another lockdown to collapse the economy further. This article is probably part of the fear tactics they intend to use. There is no physical hospitalizations or deaths increases, so they will likely use fear to justify the lockdown.
Shrugs, could just be media outlets taking advantage of the current situation. Their measure of success is number of clicks and a shocking headline does that for them.

rvZA

Executive Member
Shrugs, could just be media outlets taking advantage of the current situation. Their measure of success is number of clicks and a shocking headline does that for them.

Either that or be told what to report in the light of another NCCC meeting and possible restrictions. Either way, the article you quoted does not remotely correspond with the stats and science and many people questioned this over the weekend.

Gyre

Expert Member
Oh lookit. 9 deaths yesterday from the 'vid. WTF? Why is there still a state of disaster? Why are there still things like curfews in place? What the **** is going on? This makes even less sense than the flip flop long sleeve shirt cooked chicken crap.
9 people died against their will for doing nothing more than coming into contact with a filthy person that got too close.