South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

MrGyre

Executive Member
You mean like some of the vaccinated virus carriers?

Yes, I never mentioned unvaccinated, I mentioned people were dying thru an invisible virus.

Could be more if people weren't vaccinated or infected previously, I recall we had days where 400 people died.

rvZA

Honorary Master
You mean like some of the vaccinated virus carriers?

Yep, like the filthy South African double vaccinated passengers on the KLM flight to Netherlands who all suddenly tested positive for Covid-19 after the flight....

Some people are just plain dumb and do not know what is happening.

Just like we have flu deaths around the world, people should start realizing and accepting the fact that there will now be Covid deaths too. Vaccinated or not. Vaccinations will not prevent deaths, spreading of the virus or hospitalization.

Paulsie

Expert Member
Yes, I never mentioned unvaccinated, I mentioned people were dying thru an invisible virus.

Could be more if people weren't vaccinated or infected previously, I recall we had days where 400 people died.
That's a dangerous way to think. You yourself might be filthy and not even know it.
Do not throw stones in glass houses.

MrGyre

Executive Member
That's a dangerous way to think. You yourself might be filthy and not even know it.
Do not throw stones in glass houses.

I am filthy, I do however stand far away from people, sanitize and don't think "Oh well, only 9 people died today."

rvZA

Honorary Master
I am filthy, I do however stand far away from people, sanitize and don't think "Oh well, only 9 people died today."

This is not what the world should be. Humans, mentally, cannot live in isolation. No economy can function this way. You will later experience more deaths related to poverty, hunger and famine. The world should be happy with lower death numbers and learn to adapt and live with it. Pretty much like it did with the Flu and cancer.

Covid is here and cannot be stopped or eradicated. It is a permanent condition and if Omicron means we will see a future with massive infections but lower hospitalization, deaths and mild conditions, we must accept this and open economies, stop government intervention and return to normal.

MrGyre

Executive Member
This is not what the world should be. Humans, mentally, cannot live in isolation. No economy can function this way. You will later experience more deaths related to poverty, hunger and famine. The world should be happy with lower death numbers and learn to adapt and live with it. Pretty much like it did with the Flu and cancer.

Covid is here and cannot be stopped or eradicated. It is a permanent condition and if Omicron means we will see a future with massive infections but lower hospitalization, deaths and mild conditions, we must accept this and open economies, stop government intervention and return to normal.

Things are a lot better than what they were, hopefully we can move on like we did with the flu where we can joke about it today.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Things are a lot better than what they were, hopefully we can move on like we did with the flu where we can joke about it today.
Flu is not funny. I had swine flu and almost dieded twice.

tetrasect

Executive Member
Thanks. The umlaut is missing from my keyboard.
How is that possible? Do you not use one of these like the rest of us?
computer_vc20_01.jpg

Brontosaurus

Expert Member
Yep, like the filthy South African double vaccinated passengers on the KLM flight to Netherlands who all suddenly tested positive for Covid-19 after the flight....

Some people are just plain dumb and do not know what is happening.

Just like we have flu deaths around the world, people should start realizing and accepting the fact that there will now be Covid deaths too. Vaccinated or not. Vaccinations will not prevent deaths, spreading of the virus or hospitalization.

Just plain wrong.

@backstreetboy Please do us a solid and post the infections/deaths graphs, for the bajillionth time.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
9 people died against their will for doing nothing more than coming into contact with a filthy person that got too close.
Context you dimwit. A ****ton more than 9 people died of all sorts of other things yesterday in glum ole SA. My question is what the **** do we have a state of disaster for over 9 dead people?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Context you dimwit. A ****ton more than 9 people died of all sorts of other things yesterday in glum ole SA. My question is what the **** do we have a state of disaster for over 9 dead people?
what about the 14 who die in a taxi crash, or the other day the one guy who died in a head on collision, they all died because they came in contact with a filthy driver?

MrGyre

Executive Member

I know the point you were making, the point I was making is that a state of disaster doesn't just look at one single day. There are a lot more people who have died this week.

It's like me looking at the stats of murders for one day and saying there isn't a crisis, everyone get rid of their security fences and alarm systems.

I'm still pro opening everything up and letting everyone get sick, funnily my NEW manager who replaced the old manager that died of covid, also has covid now and isn't doing too great.

rvZA

Honorary Master
Just plain wrong.

@backstreetboy Please do us a solid and post the infections/deaths graphs, for the bajillionth time.

It is already clear globally that double vaccinated people do die. In fact in New South Wales, Australia, there were 479 Covid deaths between 16 June and 18 October. Of these, 61 were fully vaccinated. We have seen similar, even higher death numbers under fully vaccinates people in the US, UK, Israel and Europe. The excuses for these deaths are simply the same across the globe - the deceased must have had underlying conditions. No one can, however, say what the conditions are.

So, for now, safe to assume at least 12% and more Covid deaths will be that of fully vaccinated people.

tetrasect

Executive Member
It is already clear globally that double vaccinated people do die. In fact in New South Wales, Australia, there were 479 Covid deaths between 16 June and 18 October. Of these, 61 were fully vaccinated. We have seen similar, even higher death numbers under fully vaccinates people in the US, UK, Israel and Europe. The excuses for these deaths are simply the same across the globe - the deceased must have had underlying conditions. No one can, however, say what the conditions are.

So, for now, safe to assume at least 12% and more Covid deaths will be that of fully vaccinated people.

And some people who wear parachutes also still die. Does that mean we should stop wearing parachutes?