South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

MiW

Expert Member
Hearing about cases more often locally now as well as police station was closed down during the week because someone got COVID there.
I am hearing a neighbour coughing his lungs out 24/7 for the past 2 months. Anyone hearing him should be very very motivated to stay away from Covid.

djbrendan

Expert Member
I noticed George area is not picking up anymore.. It's staying at 2000+- cases. Leveled out for a few days now.

I still haven't heard of anyone at the airport getting sick. I mean 100+ people work there?

Kola_CT

Expert Member
Don't blame the youth. Blame the idiotic parents who allow this to happen. It is like willingly sending your kids to the front line of a war. What parent in their right mind lets it happen? Blithering fools!
Clearly you have not experienced any form of war, what a stupid comment.

As far as parents allowing their kids to go to rage, or kids deciding to go, their choice.

djbrendan

Expert Member
I am hearing a neighbour coughing his lungs out 24/7 for the past 2 months. Anyone hearing him should be very very motivated to stay away from Covid.
I've heard people cough like that before this covid scare

Kola_CT

Expert Member
Have heard smokers do that for years, do you know the neighbour has covid?

MiW

Expert Member
I've heard people cough like that before this covid scare
Not me , usually this cough doesn't last long , as in if people don't get better , they kick the bucket. You know the amount of scarring that can be done to the lungs?

MiW

Expert Member
Have heard smokers do that for years, do you know the neighbour has covid?
I've known smokers with emphysema and people with TB, it's nothing like that dry retching. Don't know who is it, I only hear the cough. Not intending to go look for the 'owner'.

Broo

Took a walk down at the new pier at the Durban harbour entrance today and saw very few people out there wearing masks. Pier unluckily still closed to the public.

djbrendan

Expert Member
Took a walk down at the new pier at the Durban harbour entrance today and saw very few people out there wearing masks. Pier unluckily still closed to the public.
Go take another walk, he's blocking your beaches tomorrow :D

doodlesZHS

You're not required to wear them when eating or drinking.

The stupidity level of that premier is mindboggling indeed.
Sure thing, not when eating or drinking but what about in between while no social distancing is being adhered to for the rest of the night...

Paulsie

Expert Member
I've known smokers with emphysema and people with TB, it's nothing like that dry retching. Don't know who is it, I only hear the cough. Not intending to go look for the 'owner'.
So you don't know who the person is or whether it's covid. Could be a retired miner??

But sure, let's blame covid because what else could this be??

Paulsie

Expert Member
Interestingly, the WHO, CDC and everywhere else in the world mask wearing guidelines are still - indoors all the time and outdoors, where social distancing of more than 1 meter is not possible.

Yet here we are, outside in the sun, the north-easter blowing and we worry about catching the virus form open air?????

MiW

Expert Member
So you don't know who the person is or whether it's covid. Could be a retired miner??

But sure, let's blame covid because what else could this be??
Where exactly did I blame Covid? It's just a guess, like if it's raining and someone is wet, you guess the rain is the reason. Not many miners around here, doubt they will choose my complex, that is statistically more improbable than Covid.

Lupus

Honorary Master

@bwana @Dan C -- and other EC MyBBers. Seems the premier isn't waiting until tomorrow
That's what I thought was supposed to happen, that each province was supposed to run themselves after a certain point. But hey who knows with these new levels and such.

Dan C

Honorary Master

Currantly

Expert Member

BREAKING | Eastern Cape health MEC Gomba tests positive for Covid-19​

Eastern Cape health MEC Sindiswa Gomba has tested positive for Covid-19.

Provincial health department spokesperson Siyanda Manana said Gomba's Covid-19 results came back on Sunday.

"The MEC is at home for isolation as per the protocol of Covid-19," said Manana.

Linky