South African Covid-19 News and Discussions 3

Grant

Honorary Master
Their Majesties have commanded that I inform the nation of the sad and untimely passing away of His Excellency the Prime Minister Ambrose Mandvulo Dlamini.
that reeks of pesky colonialism

noxibox

Honorary Master

Paulsie

Expert Member
I just feel for all the garden route businesses. They missed out in Easter and now they are missing out on Christmas.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Sure thing, not when eating or drinking but what about in between while no social distancing is being adhered to for the rest of the night...
When is in between though? I haven't bothered to go to restaurants, but typically we would first order something to drink which arrives almost immediately. Then we're eating and drinking until we leave. Should people pop their mask on between sips and mouthfuls? What's the benefit of breaking the important rule of not touching a mask once it is on until it can be removed using the appropriate method? If nose breathing is as deadly as some would have us believe, given their hysterics about people not having it over their nose, then even while chewing restaurant patrons are spreading floating death.

Fundamentally if restaurants are open then I'd take it as given that masks will not be worn for the entire duration that people are there. From what I've witnessed from outside at restaurants is that that is effectively what happens.

So you don't know who the person is or whether it's covid. Could be a retired miner??

But sure, let's blame covid because what else could this be??
Maybe some sort of bacterial infection related to warm, damp cloth.

Paulsie

Expert Member
When is in between though? I haven't bothered to go to restaurants, but typically we would first order something to drink which arrives almost immediately. Then we're eating and drinking until we leave. Should people pop their mask on between sips and mouthfuls? What's the benefit of breaking the important rule of not touching a mask once it is on until it can be removed using the appropriate method? If nose breathing is as deadly as some would have us believe, given their hysterics about people not having it over their nose, then even while chewing restaurant patrons are spreading floating death.

Fundamentally if restaurants are open then I'd take it as given that masks will not be worn for the entire duration that people are there. From what I've witnessed from outside at restaurants is that that is effectively what happens.

Maybe some sort of bacterial infection related to warm, damp cloth.
Just occurred to me... How come nobody ever worries about their cellphones?? Those things should be banned outright.

I mean when last did anyone sanitize theirs? You have it on you and you touch it more often than anything else on earth. You go out, you take it. You touch something, you touch your phone. You open doors, you go shopping, at work, restaurant.... Always there, always being touched, never sanitized. Then you wash your hands, all happy and safe. Then you touch your phone, put it against your face.... All happy and safe...

Lupus

Honorary Master
Just occurred to me... How come nobody ever worries about their cellphones?? Those things should be banned outright.

I mean when last did anyone sanitize theirs? You have it on you and you touch it more often than anything else on earth. You go out, you take it. You touch something, you touch your phone. You open doors, you go shopping, at work, restaurant.... Always there, always being touched, never sanitized. Then you wash your hands, all happy and safe. Then you touch your phone, put it against your face.... All happy and safe...
Some people do clean their phones, their shoes, their groceries, their cars.

Grant

Honorary Master

Do you know the reason why people are asked to sanitise their hands and not their knees, elbows or ear lobes?

Obtusity 10/10

Paulsie

Expert Member
Do you know the reason why people are asked to sanitise their hands and not their knees, elbows or ear lobes?

Obtusity 10/10
Considering the virus can survive on solid surfaces for days, the likelihood of the phone being clean is zero. Or are you telling me you sanitize your hands every time you touch something, before and after? Also before and after each time you touch your phone?

copacetic

King of the Hippies

I sanitise mine every time I've been out. Has the advantage of keeping the screen nice and shiny as well...

Paulsie

Expert Member
I don't get it. The squirrel with no nuts tells us to gather outdoors to take advantage of the country's wonderful weather, and then promptly makes outdoor areas off limits. Is he ffucking retarded?
Ja, so all the vaalies' remaining activity down in the garden route is to go shopping

MiW

Expert Member
I don't get it. The squirrel with no nuts tells us to gather outdoors to take advantage of the country's wonderful weather, and then promptly makes outdoor areas off limits. Is he ffucking retarded?
Actually reading between the lines of an article, the rule was made to prevent people from hot spots having an excuse to go to the beaches and mingle in places which are not so 'hot'.
Can not say anything more detailed , without being accused of racism or other crap.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Actually reading between the lines of an article, the rule was made to prevent people from hot spots having an excuse to go to the beaches and mingle in places which are not so 'hot'.
Can not say anything more detailed , without being accused of racism or other crap.
Say what you mean ffs! This is a free for all, not some kind of safe space.

Anyway, I have no idea what you're getting at.