South African Covid-19 News and Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Why would we want to involve Actuaries? Most of actuarial work is based off on sufficient historical data.
There's plenty for Actuaries to do

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
There's plenty for Actuaries to do
The first two links are by actuaries for other actuaries, and the third is UK specific. I am sure actuaries are discussing this, but I think virologists and epidemiologists are providing more useful information. Neither have much SA specific data to work with, so this is largely off topic.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
But they are also picking up garbage and cleaning drains. Which at least is a good thing before all that lot ends up in the waterways. Besides based on the pics we have seen in China doing the same to go by, they are following the masters orders to the letter.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Most people in stellenbosch are dirt poor, and that second pic, that's close to the taxi rank, it always smells like piss around there so that was anyway in dire need of a clean up. Not only for corona.
Stop pissing there!

lumeer

Expert Member
But they are also picking up garbage and cleaning drains. Which at least is a good thing before all that lot ends up in the waterways. Besides based on the pics we have seen in China doing the same to go by, they are following the masters orders to the letter.
I suspect that they're simply cleaning the sidewalks, and that it's got nothing to do with coronavirus.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Stop pissing there!
That thing's bladder is completely ****ed up by the years of abusing his position as farm manager with carte blanche access to the wine tankers.

@Craig what happened to that security guard you ran over - that 's if you weren't blacked out behind wheel of that Corsa.

zophas

I saw in newscasts that in many countries they were spraying with a bleach solution but those places were already spick and span clean. In South Africa the bleach solution will just go into all the litter and rubbish we leave lying around.

Daruk

Honorary Master
So what's happening here is we're losing a chunk of our older population and replacing them with lockdown babies. Not even joking.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
I've heard from several health industry related workers/doctors, that an additional lockdown is almost a given.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Wedding-goers arrested near Richards Bay amid lockdown clampdown

Fifty people including the bride, groom, pastor and wedding guests were arrested

The not-so-happy couple about to be taken to Empangeni Police Station

A BRIDE, groom, their pastor and wedding guests were arrested in eNseleni earlier today (Sunday) for defying lockdown regulations by attending the gathering.

More at

Polymathic

Honorary Master

Fifty people including the bride, groom, pastor and wedding guests were arrested

A BRIDE, groom, their pastor and wedding guests were arrested in eNseleni earlier today (Sunday) for defying lockdown regulations by attending the gathering.

More at

Not sure how I feel about this

Gordon_R

Honorary Master

More at

Cross posted already. Not that anyone cares in this sub-forum: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/thr...or-south-africa.1075721/page-64#post-25221715

Status
Not open for further replies.