South African Covid-19 News and Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
So my guess as to what he is getting at, are the reports that most Covid-19's who get put on a ventilator never make it off alive?

No, what he's saying is that he doesn't think the additional ventilators would help.

What he's saying is that people should be left to die thanks to a shortage of ventilators. All that industriousness is better used elsewhere, apparently.

Maybe in the production of zinc-lined coffins.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Increase of 70 infections to 1655.
Tests conducted were around 3000.
2 more people died to bring the total to 11.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Forced removals?

But yeah, it has to be done. The density in Alex is completely unhealthy

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
There are genuine concerns in some areas, but also a few hilarious ones:
The SA Cemeteries Association also issued a warning, saying the country’s cities were “currently challenged with the disposal of remains, be it in the provision of burial space or that of cremating our loved ones”.

“Our resources in land, equipment, economic and human capital will render us wanting,” said the association. It urged municipalities to “speedily plan for the potential demand for cemetery and cremation services in response to the anticipated increase in fatalities due to the Covid-19 pandemic”.

As of Friday, the province had registered 225 Covid-19 infections and six deaths, according to KwaZulu-Natal Premier Sihle Zikalala.
So, six deaths in KZN, and they are struggling to bury the bodies!? /sarcasm

Sinbad

Honorary Master
There are genuine concerns in some areas, but also a few hilarious ones:

So, six deaths in KZN, and they are struggling to bury the bodies!? /sarcasm
Yes, even before this pandemic
There's a major shortage of burial land in some areas

Nicky_G

More insane ideas:
Wasn't there an article recently about a lady with government connections that was building accommodation in Durban North using shipping containers? There was an outrage from residents who said no building plans or regulations were adhered to. Seems like this is being pushed forward to benefit a few individuals.

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
Yes, even before this pandemic
There's a major shortage of burial land in some areas
In my hometown, there was a significant amount of land taken up by burial grounds that had people buried there for over 200 years.

Seems like a waste of space, if I'm honest. Cremate me, put my ashes in one of those seed pods and plant a tree instead.

FlashSA

Executive Member
So exCosatu's Vavi went to hospital today and now Boris Johnson has also been admitted.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.