South African Internet speeds vs The World

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
South African Internet speeds vs The World

Cable.co.uk has published the latest Worldwide Broadband Speed League report using data from Measurement Lab (M-Lab), the largest global provider of open Internet performance data.

M-Lab is a partnership between New America’s Open Technology Institute, Google Open Source Research, Princeton University’s PlanetLab, and various supporting partners.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Weird that a tiny super-rich place like Monaco wouldn't kill these rankings.

MirageF1

Expert Member
Realistically, with the size of S.A 6 Mpbs isn't that bad compared to other countries in the list with far smaller geo areas to cover (e.g Israel, or St Kitts and Nevis :erm: )

Ojaybie

The article should perhaps have mentioned as an African country, Madagascar, in place 22 that jumped a whopping 67 places in one year! Let's try and do that in SA.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
The internet speeds here are slowly getting faster but nowhere near as fast as the rising price of data, especially mobile data. Data has for a long time now, not being a luxury anymore, but a commodity.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Weird that a tiny super-rich place like Monaco wouldn't kill these rankings.
Beyond a certain speed people stop caring.

Convo between two co-workers today:
Worker 1: How do I know if I've got fibre?
Worker 2: If you've got a box next to your telephone that's fibre.

Or like me recently discovering I'm on a 100mbps line and the wifi has just been bottlenecking it to 50. I legit didn't know it's a 100m line...and that's coming from a mybb dude.

Plus Monaco must be a biatch for trenching fibre.