South African ISP rankings for August 2020

Wasabee!

Executive Member
Seems Vox paid their advertising account to get back on the charts.

Riazy

I am personally shocked to see Afrihost in the top.

I was with them for over 10 years and I can personally tell you their service level dropped allot.
The customer care staff have limited understanding of their own products.
Managers are also busy to take a call because they are just too busy with more important things.
When you have a issue with a product of which they offer though their 3rd party supplier it is always the other company's problem not Afrihoist.

I am sad that they dropped service so much over the years, that I felt my money is valued more else where.

ReggaeBoyz

How supersonic and Webafrica can even be on this list is beyond me. I have yet to have any issues resolved by Webafrica, they make promises and NEVER fulfill them.
supersonic took over Nepic customers and the service levels between the two are not comparable at all. Even communicating with their "CEO" is a waste of time as nothing ever gets resolved. I even resorted to going to their offices in Constantia Kloof but the doors were locked and promises by the people that I spoke to at those offices to get someone higher up to contact me as they came out were never kept.
Personally, I recommend Mind the Speed, Afrihost, Imagine and Home Connect.

gtway

Hi, considering switching to BitCo as they are offering good pricing and seem to have a good Hello Peter rating. Any feedback on them?

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Been with a local ISP Packetsky for going on two years now and despite one or two glitches (which is to be expected), they have been solid and their support efficient. Far and away better than Cool Ideas, WebAfrica, Bitco, Axxess and Afrihost.
I've actually never heard of them before. However, they seem to be one of the only ISPs that might be able to get us Vumatel FTTB.

Can anyone else recommend them?