South African IT companies that pay the highest salaries

marine1

Honorary Master
Well if you look at the top ones, with the prices they charge us its no wonder their staff earn a ton of money.

azbob

Honorary Master
So this is across all staff and not just IT/Engineering. Pretty useless information then.

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Pfftt, useless numbers. All depends on the skill level, and whether there are actually ONLY IT salaries taken into account

blunt

Expert Member
are the CEO's etc added into this average? 'cos that would skew it quite a bit.

L-Dog

Expert Member
Working for the SABC must be a dream with that salary except when they don't pay

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
This also obviously ignores a whole swathe of private companies which will make in the upper ranges listed, if not more.

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
I heard Mybroadband pays the highest salaries for any position. @Jan we need a article on this :p

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
:oops:
I don't even make it on that list what I earn

Then again I quit IT 20 years ago and do not regret it one bit

krycor

Honorary Master
Problem is It/Tech industry is fast globalizing staff especially with WFH.

So while the CoL vs a 1st world country (when you factor in housing) and avg may have kept salaries down in the past; the mobility many governments afford the sector’s skilled staff has led to brain drain if locally it doesn’t keep up to a degree with the globalized norm more than the local market. (Always run the numbers.. use excel and the numerous sites that allow you to figure out costs).

This is gonna get interesting as due to tax levels and usd inflation imported via remote staffing, the speed at which you get to a unprofitable ratio vs in country tax implications by itself will also force out people beside sheer opportunity even if employed locally.