South African IT salaries – Which jobs pay the most

Shi

Expert Member
How would they include a job that has a salary range for example "25K to 60K (based on experience)"

Hamster

Resident Rodent
This article is awesome! :D

Intermediate – You have more skills than a beginner, but you’re not quite an expert yet.
Senior – You have more skills and experience compared to a person with intermediate skills.
:crylaugh:
Software Development (senior) R42,493 – R54,924
IT Management (senior) R57,361 – R68,281
..and then there are the salaries :rolleyes:

Messugga

Honorary Master
This article is awesome!

:crylaugh:

..and then there are the salaries

Sheesh, times must be tough when senior software developers earn R600k gross, assuming this is gross. If it was nett, the it would be a bit more reasonable, but it's not.

Also, that management salary is offensive.

bromster

Executive Member
Lol @ KZN. Almost like they're disconnected from the internet somehow. Go figure.

ponder

Honorary Master
IT as an industry does not really pay well considering the hours.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
If it makes you guys feel any better i got a 4% increase and that's only because I worked really hard :(

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
Youre in Australia right? Whats inflation like that side? Lower than 4%?

Q1 of 2018 has been 1.9%. Seems to be between 1.5%-3%. The difference is in SA I could get inflation linked increases each year by just doing the bare minimum. Here I have done tons of overtime and weekend work and all you get is 4%. People have been complaining that salaries here are stagnating for a while, with many not getting a single increase for 3-5 years or getting 1-2% increases. Looks like I'll be doing some salary increasing of my own accord as soon as the house is done.

I think the biggest thing is because SA has a higher inflation you can noticeably see the difference from your increases when you get 10%+. In Aus an inflation linked increase for many will literally mean being able to afford a few more coffees each week.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Nothing to add beyond pointing out that staff writer's japanese flag take on a bar chart is unique AF:

Salary-Differences.jpg