South African online stores – Tech price comparison

Borrels

Good examples of why you should always shop around for major purchases. No store, online or physical, is consistently the cheapest

cozinsky

Expert Member
I tried most of those online shops and in my experience Raru comes out tops. Rebeltech, for example, don't accept credit cards and you have to pay delivery fees. Raru don't charge delivery fees so it makes up for the difference. Raru's website is also excellent and they offer overseas deals if you can't source it locally. I also get 5% off on online purchases with FNB so I prefer not to do transfers.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I tried most of those online shops and in my experience Raru comes out tops. Rebeltech, for example, don't accept credit cards and you have to pay delivery fees. Raru don't charge delivery fees so it makes up for the difference. Raru's website is also excellent and they offer overseas deals if you can't source it locally. I also get 5% off on online purchases with FNB so I prefer not to do transfers.
Raru has a terrible website. I had to analyse it for my user interface design class this year - basically fails at everything. Otherwise, great company and great service.

I buy most of my computer related stuff from Rebel Tech. The savings really add up when buying a whole PC. Wootware is known for their amazing service, but I've never had issues with Rebel Tech.

Dolby

Honorary Master
I just wish customers could walk into a store and buy items, if they wanted.

Whether I'm unlucky or fussy with what I want, but I can never just walk and in and buy. It's always ordering or online which can be annoying if you just want to impulsively buy a gadget

kianm

Honorary Master
Thank you for exposing Takealot. I think their name now means "Takealot from the consumer"