South African Passport Renewal

My wife's work colleague is booked to travel overseas on business in a day's time and has not yet received her renewed passport.
What can she do now that she has waited for close to 3 weeks for a her new passport though the visa is he old passport but with no pages to stamp entry stamps.

MirageF1

Expert Member
My wife's work colleague is booked to travel overseas on business in a day's time and has not yet received her renewed passport.
What can she do now that she has waited for close to 3 weeks for a her new passport though the visa is he old passport but with no pages to stamp entry stamps.
I stand corrected but check the Home Affairs website,,,you might/should be able to get a temp emergency passport fairly quickly

Migrant

I recently renewed my passport at DHA Killarney (Standard Bank) - took 10 days. I had had a problem with the online application and called DHA helpline. It took about 20 minutes of waiting for the call to be answered but the response was good and the problem solved overnight (a previous passport was being shown as 'uncollected" in the system and they needed to unblock this to allow the new application to proceed). I was renewing my passport ahead of its expiry date (about 2 years to go because the passport was full) and they needed to see my old passport to verify this 'fullness' in order to charge the standard rate for a new passport (otherwise a higher rate is charged).

isie

Executive Member
I stand corrected but check the Home Affairs website,,,you might/should be able to get a temp emergency passport fairly quickly
they dont do the emergency if travel is more then 3 or 4 days away, as a normal one is done very quickly - and plenty of countries don't accept a temp.

I did mines and my kids passports recently took a week
Applied online went in on friday afternoon to do the fingerprints at the Home affairs office (couldn't get appointments at bank at a good time for the kids) following friday morning got the SMS to collect ,so less then 5 working days actually

Sham0224

Anyone got an update, recent experience, of having their renewed passport collected by a family member?
And the online applications - getting the passport via a bank, what's the turnaround time?

Deshnie

Mine also took exactly 14 days when I applied in Krugersdorp but my husband won't be able to be away that long :( which is why I am trying to find out if someone can collect it for him.

Awesome glad to hear you were able to collect without them taking your old one.
How do I track my passport application? I also did mine at Krugersdorp :(